"Free" Appointment

Discussion in 'InkAppointment WordPress Plugin' started by jcoraccio, Feb 6, 2017.

1. jcoraccio

jcoraccio New Member

I need to use this plugin to allow people to sign up for appointments that do not require payment, as well as some that do require payment. I do not see a clear way to do this - I can set all appointments to be "pay by cash" so they don't go through Paypal, but I DO want some to have a price.

Is there a way to do this? Here are the specifics:

We offer free 20-minute consultations for our services. We want people to sign up for a time, but we do not want to charge them for this.

We also offer paid consultations after the free 20 minute consultation. For this, we want people to be able to pay upfront online.

Thanks!

2. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello,

As per your requirements, our InkAppointment plugin will not work in the way you want,

But, there is a possibility that, we can customize the plugin form to allow user to choose an option for Free and Paid appointments.

We can modify our plugin in this way, but there would be some charges,

Let me know if the above solution work for you.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

3. dredd

dredd New Member

Naveen, why would you charge for this, it seems like a logical request to have this option for the plugin, I was about to buy this plugin until I noticed this post especially with the plugin having a $97 price tag.

4. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello Dredd,

As per your requirements, our plugin doesn't come with such features built-in, we will have to customize the plugin especially for you, so that it can work in the way you want.

Since it will require a lot of time and codings, our team will work on it and that's why we do charge for such source code customizations.

I hope you understand,

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

5. swi55tony

swi55tony New Member

I agree with Dredd,

It would be mad to create a plugin without offering the ability to set up a free appointment.

I think you should have thought your features through better

If you can't offer this for Free I will be asking for my money back.

6. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello Antony,

For your information, the option to available in the plugin and you can easily avail free appointments to the visitors of your site.

All you need to do is just set up the Payment option to Pay Cash Later from plugin settings.

As far as the field that displays the price value in the form, we can apply a piece of custom CSS code on your site to hide that field from the form.

This way, you can make the appointments free.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

7. kcmnls

kcmnls New Member

Hi,
    I don't understand why the plugin wasn't created with a 'Free' option in the payment field. I also need it to be Free, and I'm sure most people would need this option. Rather than delete the field, can't you have a Free Service option in the same drop-down selection? 'Pay Cash Later' as you suggest is not a professional way to market a free service to clients. I agree with the other members that this should not be a charge to us to fix this important issue. I cannot use this plugin without a Free option.
    Regards

8. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi

I got your concern.

As per your requirement, I would like to inform you that - This will require some source code customization in the plugin which is time-consuming and would be done specially for you by our team.

We will provide you options while creating the Services so that you can select the Payment mode from there and can provide the services exactly as you want. You can bypass payment option from PayPal from the options in the backend.

We have forwarded your requirements to the developer team and they are working on making the required changes.

We will get back to you as soon as we are done implementing your requirement.

Your patience would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

9. girljocks

girljocks New Member

I think the "customization" options you're quoting this guy should be a part of the plugin .. not a charged update.
    The whole purpose of having a forum should be for everyone to help each other .. AND for the plugin developers
    to take the suggestions and recommendations of their users to actually improve on the product.
    Yes, every change takes a little bit of time and effort on the creator's part .. AND that is part of doing respectable
    and responsible business.
    My 2 cents.

10. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

Hello,

You can easily create a free appointment booking service, just select the payment type to Free while creating a new service. Please look at the attached screenshot.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

Attached Files: