Features are not visible

Discussion in 'StartPoint Business One Page WordPress Theme' started by kbarnold, Mar 18, 2014.

1. kbarnold

kbarnold Member

With the update to version 1.0.2, I have seen a new issue. Now, the Features do not appear until you start scrolling down the page even if the entire feature section is visible above the fold. If you are using a slider image of the recommended width and height of 1600 x 650, half the page will appear empty until you start scrolling. This is not an issue in the live demos because they use full screen slider images, but it looks bad if you are using a shorter slider image. Looks like an unfinished page. Can you fix it so the Features are visible immediately upon refreshing the page if they are above the fold? I attached a screenshot.

Thanks for all your help.

Attached Files:

2. kbarnold

kbarnold Member

Have you been able to look at this? Do you see the problem I am talking about? Thanks.

3. kbarnold

kbarnold Member

Hey guys! Can you let me know if you have seen my post above and if there is a fix. I know you guys are very busy but would you let me know if you have read this post and are aware of this issue and if anyone is looking into it? It has been a week since I first posted this.
    Thanks.

4. dmg4683

dmg4683 Member

Thanks for your help with my issue Kevin. As for your issue, I do see exactly what you mean.

If you edit the front-page.php file and go to the <!--*** Three Column Feature Starts ***-->, you need to remove some animated items. For the first box, remove animated left-to-right after box1 in <div class="col-md-4 box1 animated left-to-right">. Do similar for the next two boxes.

5. kbarnold

kbarnold Member

I like the sliding effect. I hate to disable it just to avoid a half-empty page. I have looked at some other themes with the sliding or "lazy-load" effect and they slide in if most of the Feature is in-frame when you open the page for first time. You can not use a recommended 1600x650 slider image unless you disable the slide-in effect or it will look bad. I have attached a screenshot with 1600x650 slider image. If you use something like 1920x600 it looks much worse.

Attached Files:

6. lgaspar

lgaspar New Member

Hi Kevin, I have the same problem with the 3 column section, though my features never how up even after I start scrolling. I asked about the problem and will let you know if I find out anything; I'll also keep checking your thread to see if you get a fix. I cropped all my slider images to 1600 x 650, and the slider is working well, just the features below are not showing up.
    thank you,
    Laura

Attached Files:

7. kbarnold

kbarnold Member

Hi Laura,

I have asked many times if they are aware of this and I have not heard anything. I even sent a private message to one of the support guys but no response. I really like this theme and I hope they will respond soon.

8. lgaspar

lgaspar New Member

Hi Kevin, I ended up fixing most of the problems I was having in the feature, gallery and blog post area by going into the front page php and taking out the animation directives as Paul suggested. The content shows up as I wanted, but it doesn't fly in. I prefer that anyway, so the fix works for me, at least for now. Not sure why the animation doesn't work and causes such a glitch throughout the sections. We are having a demo by neeraj on Wednesday in a wordpress class I am taking, so if I get any more info, I will pass it along.

9. kbarnold

kbarnold Member

I have a website on the previous version 1.0.1 and it looks great the way the Features slide in perfectly. I guess I just like the way that looks. Yes, please pass the issue along to Neeraj if you can. Has to be something that changed when they fixed the gallery problem. Thanks.

10. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

11. kbarnold

kbarnold Member

Thanks. I replied to your PM with the information you requested.