Facebook like button on front page

Discussion in 'BlackBird WordPress Theme' started by villa4season, Mar 16, 2013.

1. villa4season

villa4season Member

Hello, please could you advise how i can add a simple Facebook like button on front page, preferably bottom widget area. I have a floating bar with social buttons at every single page of the site but none of them at front page. Thank you,
    v4s

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

3. villa4season

villa4season Member

Thank you. They require to do 2 things to install this plugin (see below). Can you show please where the 1st code has to be placed? In which part of the code (front page.php?) do i have to install it?
    1. Include the JavaScript SDK on your page once, ideally right after the opening <body> tag.
    2. Place the code for your plugin wherever you want the plugin to appear on your page.

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

First copy js code and paste it in the header.php (Appearance > Editor / header.php) as shown in image.
    [​IMG]

After that go to Appearance > Widgets
    drag and drop text widget in the first footer ares and paste html code there.
    check image for reference.

[​IMG]

5. villa4season

villa4season Member

Thank you, i followed your instructions. The button is embedded, i got 70 Likes in 1 day but i don't see them at friends' FB pages (means people "like" but it doesn't show on their FB pages). Whats can be wrong here?
    Thank you a lot,
    www.villa4season.com

6. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

We have checked your website and it seems that Facebook like button is working properly, It shows "likes" on users profile page of Facebook.