Error message appears at bottom of every page

Discussion in 'Harrington- A WordPress Business Theme.' started by dmedia, Jun 28, 2016.

1. dmedia

dmedia Member

Hi: The following message is appearing at the bottom of every page including the Home page:

Notice
    : wp_htmledit_pre is deprecated since version 4.3! Use format_for_editor() instead. in /home/dvscadmin/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658

Notice: wp_htmledit_pre is deprecated since version 4.3! Use format_for_editor() instead. in /home/dvscadmin/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658

http://dev.dfwvetsurgeons.com/

I am not sure what this means or how to fix it. I hope you can help. Thank you!

2. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes!

I would like to inform you that this is not the theme related issue, its WordPress notification...

So you are kindly suggested to follow the link given below (you just all have to turn "false" debug option under configure.php file)...

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

And if still will not resolve your issue, please send us your FTP details at [email protected] and I will do it for you..

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. dmedia

dmedia Member

This link you provided is saying there is an error somewhere and the message is letting us know of the error. So if I turn the error message to "false" all that will do is turn off the error message from displaying but it will not fix the true issue. And turning off the error message will prevent us from seeing errors that may occur in the future. So the correct thing to do is to resolve the error it is telling us about, right?

wp_htmledit_pre is deprecated since version 4.3! Use format_for_editor() instead. in /home/dvscadmin/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658

I have gone to line 3658 in functions.php. Again, the error is not happening in this line. This is simply where the notification is being generated.

I think the error is telling us to use "format_for_editor()" instead of "wp_htmledit_pre". But I do not know where to make that change.

4. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Please send us your dashboard and FTP credentials at [email protected] along with this thread link..

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com