Drop-Down Menus not working

Discussion in 'ColorWay WordPress Theme' started by jgordon, Feb 11, 2015.

1. jgordon

jgordon New Member

I just upgraded to the Pro Version of the ColorWay theme. My drop-down menus were working properly when I first did the upgrade. Now they are not working properly. When you hover over the top menu, the sub-menus appear on top of the top-level menu words. Please advise on how I can fix this problem. Thank you.

2. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

Please provide us your website url as well as the screenshot where you facing the problem.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

3. jgordon

jgordon New Member

The website is www.genesis-contracting.com. I am having problem reducing the size of the screenshot, but when you look at the TOP menu, the third Title over is SERVICES. When you hover over this one, there are two Sub-menus (Petroleum Service and CNG Services). The Sub-menus do not appear BELOW the top menu, rather on top of them. It only seems to be doing it in FIreFox, not in Safari. Could one of my plug-ins be causing this to happen? Sorry about not being able to get a screenshot. Thanks for your help.

4. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

Download a fresh copy of latest theme from members area and upload it to your website.
    That will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

5. jgordon

jgordon New Member

When I download the theme, it automatically unzips all the files. I used WordPress to activate the Theme I am using. Can I upload the latest copy of the theme via the WordPress Control Panel OR do I need to upload the files manually?

If I need to upload them manually, I am not sure how to do this. Do I just upload the .zip file of the theme?

The website is www.genesis-contracting.com

Thanks for your patience and help.

6. Pramod

Pramod Guest

7. jgordon

jgordon New Member

Okay, so I think I updated the theme on the WordPress admin page, so it seems to work on one website, but not the other. I have two admin pages open and it seems to be working on one, but not the other. Hover bad.jpg hover good.jpg . I guess I am a little confused.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Website is www.genesis-contracting.com

Thanks,

James

8. jgordon

jgordon New Member

So, I deleted the color theme directory utilizing FTP, then uploaded the NEWLY downloaded .zip file, cleared my cache, and I am still having the same hover issue over the menu buttons as listed above. Please advise on how to fix the problem as I can't seem to get this to work properly.
    Thank you.
    James

9. jgordon

jgordon New Member

Okay, I have tried turning off the plugins, but this doesn't seem to help at all. The drop-down menus work fine on my iPad, but when you hover over the menu on my laptop using FireFox, Safari, or Google Chrome, there is still an issue. Please advise.
    Thank you,
    James

10. jgordon

jgordon New Member

One more thing, hopefully this will help you. When you click OFF the home page (onto another page), the menu works fine. Then when you click back on the home page, the drop down menu works fine. Seems like a line of code is missing on the home page somewhere. Hope this helps identify the issue.
    Sorry for all the post. Just trying to help resolve this.
    James

11. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello jgordon!

Activate other theme like twenty forty and after this please deactivate all plugin.
    check functionality of by default wordpress theme.
    And after all of this activate colorway.
    This will resolve your issue and Let me know resolved or not.

Thanks
    Pramod

12. jgordon

jgordon New Member

Okay, I just deactivated ColorWay Pro, turn on Twenty Twelve, then deactivated ALL plugins. Reactivated Colorway Pro and still have the same issue. I don't believe this has anything to do with the plugins as it is only affecting the Home Page. Once you go to another page, then BACK to the home page, the drop down menus work fine.

13. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello jgordon!

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.

Code:
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li ul {
      top: 33px !important;
    }
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li li {
      background: #8a0a0b !important;
    }
    Thanks & Regards
    Pramod Patel

14. jgordon

jgordon New Member

This worked, but the submenus are still white background, so you cannot see them. Also, this issue is ONLY happening on the HOME page which doesn't make any sense. If you click on another page, then go back to the home page, the Dropdown menu works fine. What loads when you go to another page?

15. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello jgordon!

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.

Code:
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li ul {
      width: 236px !important;
    }
    Thanks & Regards
    Pramod Patel