Customizer shows empty screen (One Page Pro)

Discussion in 'One Page Pro WordPress Theme' started by bertr280, Apr 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bertr280

bertr280 New Member

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help us with the following. The 'Customizer' shows an almost empty screen.
    On the left side it says "You are customizing Websitename" but none of the menus, the right side is completely empty.

The developer console (FireFox / Chrome) shows a number of the following errors:
    ReferenceError: wp is not defined[Learn More] customize.php:185:1

All the suggestions I can find on the internet (disabling plugins, deleting cache) to fix the white screen in the 'Customizer' do not work. It looks like it is caused by the theme itself. When I enable debugging for the site, I get the following error messages:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; onepage_rcp_recent_posts has a deprecated constructor in /home/******/public_html/wp-content/themes/one-page-pro/functions.php on line 764

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Layers_Content_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /home/******/public_html/wp-content/themes/one-page-pro/includes/lib/core/widgets/modules/content.php on line 5

More importantly, when I enable one of the other themes (like "Twenty Seventeen"), the 'Customizer' does work. We are running PHP 7.0, so maybe the theme is not compatible? The weird thing is that we used the 'Customizer' before without any issues. Not sure if that was with the previous WordPress 4.9.4 (now we are running WordPress 4.9.5).

Any ideas what we can do? Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes,

I would like to tell you that - The theme is fully compatible with the latest version of WordPress & PHP and we have also tested the theme, it is working fine.

As you mentioned above that the default WordPress theme's (Twenty Seventeen) customizer also not working. It seems like you have activated any plugin which is hiding the working of the customizer.

For that, we need WordPress admin credentials to figure out the issue.
    Kindly send the below-mentioned credential details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

WordPress Website URL: -
    WordPress Username: -
    WordPress Password: -

We will do the needful.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

3. bertr280

bertr280 New Member

Hi Akbar, the customizer IS working for other themes like "Twenty Seventeen"... Let me send you my credentials

4. akbar92

Okay, We will check and try to fix the issue.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

5. bertr280

bertr280 New Member

Any luck?

6. akbar92

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes,

I think we haven't received any email from you. Will you please send us again at [email protected] along with the thread link?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

7. bertr280

bertr280 New Member

Sorry, I couldn't wait anymore. I put back an older version of the website (on WordPress 4.9.4). I updated to version 4.9.5 and redid all my work on the website again.
    The problem hasn't occurred again. Hopefully it will not come back! Thanks.

8. akbar92

Okay,

Do let me know if you need further assistance.

I will be glad to assist you.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com