Customize Main Navigation Menu

Discussion in 'Infoway WordPress Theme' started by goldenshoes1, Nov 9, 2015.

1. goldenshoes1

goldenshoes1 New Member

I am looking for a way to separate my drop down navigation sub-menu pages into columns. Is there a way to do this in the stylesheet or do I need to download and pay for a menu plugin? I have been searching for ways to make it work and I just can't come to a conclusion that is working for my site. Please visit my site: www.goldenshoestc.com - it is easy to see that there are many items listed under Women's Brands and I would like for them to appear in three or more columns in the main navigation so it's not just one long list. Is this possible?

Kate
    Golden Shoes

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello Kate,

Greetings from InkThemes!

I got your concern..

I am providing you a link of reference theme (given below) for the menu option, please have a look.

Link: http://www.inkthemes.com/previews/?demo_id=348&demo_redirect=no

If you are looking for this type of Navigation menu in your theme, we will do it for you with some source code customization.

Do let me know what you think.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. goldenshoes1

goldenshoes1 New Member

Hi Priyanka,

I do not see how the navigation menu supports multi-column sub-menus in that theme? Is there something that I'm missing? Is there a better way to organize my existing navigation so that I don't have one long list of 50 Brands dropping down from my main navigation bar? I don't want to break them up into sub sections, as they are all part of the same list. I would like to organize them into three or more columns that open in a sub menu that is shorter and wider and fits on the main view-able area of the screen. For example, I would like the sub-menu not to extend beyond the slider images, but be 600-800px wide and accommodate multiple columns. I have no idea how to do this in the code - so I've been looking into menu plugins and not finding anything that works. I suppose I can look into a new theme that might support or already incorporate a "mega-menu". I'm sorry for the inconvenience... If you are able to help me figure this out - it would be great. However, I understand if it's too time-intensive. There are several other themes that you have created that incorporate this idea, one example is "Mason" (http://www.inkthemes.com/previews/?demo_id=314). Basically, I'm running WooCommerce and I've created an online catalog for a shoe store and I want more functionality in my menu. If you can suggest a new theme that would work for my site, I'd be interested to hear it as well. The site I am administrating is here: www.goldenshoestc.com.

I appreciate any feedback you have.

Thank you!

Kate

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello Kate,

Here I am providing you a video of my above reference site that how the menu is working over there, please have a look.

Link of the video: http://screenpresso.com/=sL2qc

Actually in that reference there is + sign, which shows submenus when user will click on them.

Do let me know what you think..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. goldenshoes1

goldenshoes1 New Member

Priyanka,

I really like the way your suggestion works in mobile view. That would be something that would be helpful for me. If there is a way I can do this, it would be wonderful. However, I am also looking for a solution when the site is in desktop view, which does not seem to be the case with this suggested menu. Do I need to just consider a new theme? Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you and Happy Diwali!

Kate

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello Kate,

Thanks..:)

It sounds great that you are satisfied with our reference menu..

So could you please send us your dashboard credentials at [email protected] along with this thread link as well and we will do it for you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com