Custom text on the fron page

Discussion in 'HomeBuilder WordPress Theme' started by michalk, Apr 18, 2014.

1. michalk

michalk New Member

Hello,
    I would like to display custom text on the front page, see image for details. Is there easy way to do it, or will it require hard code editing? I tried to set static page for homepage, but it does not show any content from that particular page. I would prefer to display full page content (not just snippet from blog post content as it is now), so I can edit this content easily thru wysiwyg editor, not in code.
    How can I put just text in my homepage and remove those lines, showed on picture?[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,

Paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.

Code:
    div.feature-content {
    display: none;
    } 
    Now,

Go to the front-page.php file present in your theme directory and paste the code given below in that file as shown in the image given below.

Code:
    <p>Enter your content here.</p> 
    [​IMG]

This will solve your issue.

3. michalk

michalk New Member

Thank you very much, this worked. So if I want to put there any text I need to do it thru code editor in php? Is it possible to display there text from certain page and edit it in page publishing wysiwyg editor?

4. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,

Yes, you need to put your text through code editor in php file whenever you want to put any text there.
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to display there text from certain page and edit it in page publishing wysiwyg editor. Sorry.