Custom Header Not Allowed

Discussion in 'VideoMember WordPress Theme' started by 1ranger2, Nov 16, 2015.

1. 1ranger2

1ranger2 New Member

Please explain something. This Video theme has good functionality but it does not allow me to add my own header. I can add a very small logo but I would like to have a wide space on the top that allows me to upload a custom banner. As far as I can see, the theme does not have this functionality.

If this is true, this is a big miss because it does not allow a user to create a unique look to identify the brand. Without this ability this is just a generic video theme that has no marketing ability. The Facebook page for InkThemes has a video explaining the Video Theme. It makes a comparison with other video sites which have sold for a large some of money. Linda.com is mentioned.

I would like to point out that the home page of Linda.com has visual banners that communicate the brand of Linda.com. Please tell me how I can do this. If the home page instantly leads to the videos it is missing the branding ability which is equivalent to the storefront.

I loaded WP Display Header plug in to allow me to place the Header I want but it will not allow me to activate the header because it says, unable to activate the plug in with this theme. I have included a copy of the Theme after installation. The blue space is filled with links for Dashboard and Ad New Listing. This is a waste of space. This is where I would like my header image but I do not see the theme has been designed to allow for that.

Am I correct? Please help me understand.

Thank You,
    Dominic

Attached Files:

2. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi Dominic,

Greetings from InkThemes,

You would be very excited to know that you can set up and customize your theme exactly in the way you want.

To set up the custom banner, Please follow the screenshot given below.
    2015-11-17_11h32_35.png

Also, you can get the unwanted stuffs removed from your pages as per your requirement.

Just tell us which all things you want to remove/replace, we will do it for you. The images/other items could also be positioned/placed anywhere in the theme.

Conclusively, you can set up the theme as per your marketing needs. Should you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

3. 1ranger2

1ranger2 New Member

Nitin

Thank you so much for your clear and helpful response.
    Sale Junction.PNG
    The items I wanted to replace are all writing showing, Home, Sample Page, Dashboard, Add New Listing. It displays it over and over. I am not certain how to remove that writing. I was hoping of making this place smaller and have my header image below that or to upload my header in that space itself. Not sure which is the better way.

I have Sale Junction loaded now but I have the same issue with the Video Theme as well. I was just checking if a different theme would look differently. Please share with me how I can change this.

Thank You!
    Dominic

4. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi Dominic,

Greetings from InkThemes,

Thank you for sending the screenshot. As I can see, you are not into any issue, just there is some lack of proper setting due to which you are seeing these (more than necessary) options in the menu bar.

All you need is to follow the screenshot given below.

2015-11-18_11h59_17.png

If you are still unable to get out of your problem, just send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link.
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    Password

Also, mention which all options you want to display in the menus.

We would be glad to help.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

5. 1ranger2

1ranger2 New Member

Thank you so much! I will follow your instructions. Have a wonderful day!