Change font to display in-line numerals

Discussion in 'ColorWay WordPress Theme' started by annvb1, May 24, 2015.

1. annvb1

annvb1 New Member

My client doesn't like how the font displays a stylized placement of the numerals on the website I created for her using Colorway. She wants the numerals to all line up horizontally. I believe that this would be referred to as "in-line" numerals. I've tried different custom coding to get the numerals to align but nothing is working. Please help. The website is: http://athenianskincare.com. Attached is a screenshot of a portion of a page where you can see how certain of the numerals drop below the line in relation to the rest of the numbers and letters. I circled the numerals that display as dropped below the line. Thank you! screenshot of dropped numerals.PNG

2. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

Kindly apply the below CSS:

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard

Code:
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
      font-family: sans-serif !important;
    }
    This alignment issue was due to font family - 'Raleway' .

Hope it should solve your issue.

3. annvb1

annvb1 New Member

Hi Sameer - Thank you,that worked to make the numbers align, but now we've lost the beautiful stylized Raleway font. You can see for example how the "w" and the lower case "l" appear before and after the change - see screenshots below. Is there different coding I can apply to retain the Raleway font family, but specify "in-line" numerals?

BEFORE: AFTER:
    RALEWAY.PNG SANS SERIF.PNG

4. annvb1

annvb1 New Member

I am just realizing that if I succeed in making the numerals display inline, then the numerals currently displaying dropped below the baseline will be larger, actually, than the rest of the numerals. The currently enlarged-and-dropped numerals are: 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9. How do I specify to change just those numerals, throughout the site, to appear the same size as the other numerals, and aligned with the baseline? Thank you again for your help.

5. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hello,

I have checked your website and find that still "Raleway" font is applying in different section of the page, which causes the number to show differently.

Open the theme's style.css file and replace all font family with "sans-serif !important;".

It will resolve your issue.

Thanks,
    Praveen

6. annvb1

annvb1 New Member

Thank you, Praveen, bur as I said above, unfortunately if I make that change, then Raleway disappears entirely and the font that appears is very plain and doesn't have the cool styling of Raleway. See my June 13 comment above. What I want is to continue to use Raleway in order to get the design of that font, but have the numerals all appear the same size and aligned to the baseline. I'm hoping there's a way to do that? I thought I read somewhere that there's a version of Raleway that dispenses with the differently sized and aligned numerals, but I can't find how to call up that version.

7. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hello, Annvb1!

I deeply regret to say that the inline appearance of the numbers in "Raleway" font is not possible.

But, there is another solution for this,
    Please send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link.
    We will integrate some cool font in your website.

Thanks,
    Praveen

8. annvb1

annvb1 New Member

Praveen that's awesome! Will the font be similar to Raleway? Sending login now. Ach! I apologize for the amount of time that's passed since your reply.

9. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hi,

Thanks for the credentials...

I have applied "Josefin Sans" font in your website which have a cool font style like the "Raleway" font.
    Hope you will like it.

Do let me know if need any help.

Thanks,
    Praveen

10. annvb1

annvb1 New Member

Apologies for not thanking you on this public forum, in addition to via email. The new font is really great and solves my problem while retaining the cool font style similar to Raleway, just as you say. Thank you so much!

11. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hi Annvb1,

It's always my pleasure to help you :)

Hope everything is working fine now.
    Do let me know if need any further help.

Thanks,
    Praveen