Categories, properties and browse listings

Discussion in 'HomeBuilder WordPress Theme' started by tutilld, Dec 5, 2013.

1. tutilld

tutilld New Member

I am obviously new to this WP stuff.
    I am starting to build a site using the Home builder theme and am experiencing problems with the categories and how they work on the home page browse listings.
    I have created a number of categories i.e Location
    Under Location I have created further child categories Waipu, Ruakaka, One Tree Point each having Location as the parent.
    I have then gone to appearance/browse listings/listings 1 options and ticked Location,
    I have then created a property and allocated the categories location and the three child categories to it
    When I then go back to the home page I expected the word location to pop up in the first option and then to be able to select one of the child categories from the drop down.
    I suspect I don’t understand the concept properly.
    I have tried watching the video that comes up under the Browse Listing option in Home Builder Theme Options but for some reason there is no sound.
    I am using Chrome as my browser, whether that is making a difference I don’t know.

I would appreciate something that really explains the correlation between, categories, properties and the browse listing setup, as I am missing something here.

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Tutill,

You have created category location. It is correct.
    Now you need to create categories for price ($100000 etc), Area(like: 2000sqft, 3000sqft etc), BHK(like:2BHK, 3BHK).
    After this set category in the "Include categories for Listings 1 options" at the theme options.
    And also assign these categories to there respected listing.

It will allow searching on the basis of categories.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi