Can't change Facebook thumbnail

Discussion in 'Infoway WordPress Theme' started by jessica1, Apr 16, 2014.

1. jessica1

jessica1 Guest

I have issues when trying to share posts and other information from my website to facebook. So if I am trying to share from my site to facebook, a lot of the time, the photo is not the correct photo associated with the post.

I also am unable to change the thumbnail picture that facebook associates with my url. Is this a meta tag issue? I have tried an Opengraph plug in but this did not help. Thank you

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Go to header.php present in your theme directory and add the code given below

Code:
     <link rel="image_src" href="image of the page" />
    <meta property="og:title" content="Enter your  title" />
    <meta property="og:site_name" content="Enter your site name" />
    <meta property="og:image" content="Enter your image address here" />
    <meta property="og:description" content="Enter your description text here" />
    *There is no need to put anything in first line
    *In second line put your Title
    *In third line enter site name or any thing else that you want to show there
    *In fourth line put image address
    *In fifth line put description text.

sending image for reference

2014-04-17_1311.png

Also check the link given below
    http://davidwalsh.name/facebook-meta-tags

Note:- These changes take some time to show changes in your Facebook page. But you can check your the website url in the [debugger](https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug). It should re-scrape with the new parameters.

Thanks & Regards
    Gourav Shrivastava

3. jessica1

jessica1 Guest

Hello this has helped to a certain degree as it has fixed the old unwanted images from appearing however I still have a problem with getting the "Featured Image" of my post to show up when I share a post from my website to Facebook. Now I get the static image that I set up in the above tip.
    How do I get the post's featured image from the website instead? I don't want the same image each time I share something to Facebook if that makes sense. Thank you