Browser issues

Discussion in 'Appointway WordPress Theme' started by yclawson1, Jul 31, 2013.

1. yclawson1

yclawson1 New Member

Attached Files:

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

We are not getting your issue. Please explain with the help of screenshot, About which area you are talking.

3. yclawson1

yclawson1 New Member

Thanks,

Also I had a background pic that made the site pop, but because it was showing up differently on various browsers (i didn't know and the site went live) the client complained and asked me to take it down. I will put it up and take screenshot so you can see the different issues, but please be advised that I took it down for the customer and will not put the background back up until I can get it working properly across browser views. The client said that on her tablet it cut off the backgrounds and did not look professional and that she does not see the header of the pics at all.

Also, on my android and my smartphone the background does not show properly. I have other responsive websites and have never had this issues so please help me in this area…I want to make my client happy and this is only my third site as a professional so i need to please my client so i can use the site for my portfolio and get referrals and increase my business...that's why i purchased your themes package or else i would have purchased one.

I love the theme but do need it to show consistently across browsers, I understand that the mobile site will show differently but the tablet should be the same as the normal view.

I have attached pic in pdf doc:

• On IE the top header pics are cut off, also on the table view the header does not show (pic 1)
    • This is how it should look, this is my view from chrome but others have viewed it on their chrome and it looked like the pic above (pic 2)
    • This is IE…the pic of the first background image is cut off (top view) (pic 3)
    • Bottom view of IE background pic (pic 4)
    • This is what I thought I was presenting to the client. This is my view of Chrome (top view) (pic 5)
    • Chrome bottom view brings the bottom pic out more (pic 6)

Attached Files:

4. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

We have checked your site. I think you have removed body background image.
    Only header background is visible.
    Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

.header_container {
    background: url(http://somethinguniquehairstudio.co...ique-hair-studio-unisex-northwest-houston.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
    -webkit-background-size: cover;
    -moz-background-size: cover;
    -o-background-size: cover;
    background-size: cover;
    }

You are using image of width 2500px which is too large.
    Use image of width nearly half of it. It will also change header view.

And for body background.
    Please upload image and do let us know. We will provide you solution for it too.

5. yclawson1

yclawson1 New Member

thanks the header works great especially with the re-size your suggested,...lol. my client decided that she didn't want the background in the body so she is great now.

I am told that the header phone number and call to action does not always show up on tablet view or Ipad...I have not been able to duplicate the issue so if you have any advice that would be helpful in explaining to the client or fixing the issue.

BTY: I am having trouble getting her site indexed with Google, I have done everything that I researched to do but still no luck...can you give me some advice because her site (http://somethinguniquehairstudio.com/) is not showing up in search engine even after I complete the SEO with Appointway theme and some other things and the worst part is that even if i type in her exact domain name it does not show up...I have never had this problem before with my other sites so your advice would be helpful.

Thanks

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

For header phone number.
    Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 1140px) and (min-width: 960px){
    .call-us p {
    color: red!important;
    }}
    @media only screen and (min-width: 767px) and (max-width: 960px) {
    .call-us p {
    color: red!important;
    }}

For Google indexing.
    I have checked your site and found that Google resulting normally without any problem.
    check image attached.
    You can use "All in one seo plugin" through which you can seo all pages and post separately.

index.png