Blog Summary Thumnails, and blog page width

Discussion in 'GoldenEagle WordPress Theme' started by gretchenwillis, Mar 1, 2013.

1. gretchenwillis

gretchenwillis Member

Hi! Thanks so much for all your help, reading these threads has already answered many of my questions!
    Here's my website: http://gretchenwillisphotography.com

On my blog page, where the blog summaries are listed, the thumbnails do not look as they should. They look distorted. :( Is there some way I can get the thumbnails to look as they should - in other words, in the same dimensions as they appear on my actual blog page?

my second question is that, I was able to change the blog.php so that the main blog page is full width, but now I'd also like each blog post to also be full width. I have the sidebar widgets gone, but now I'd also like the blank sidebar to be gone.

I don't have the "attribute" box to choose full-width when I am composing a blog post.

If you'd like me to give you any further information (username, password, whatever) that's fine. I can show a screenshot if you like.

Thank you!!!

2. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

You have done alot of customization in your website, due to which it lost the functionality of cropping images for the blog page.

I have seen the blog post page, you have already make it to fulwidth page. So, specify us with help of screenshot images, what do want to do in this post page.
    The attribute box is only present in pages panel, while creating new page in your dashboard. It is not possible to present it in the add new post pages in your dashboard because it is the functionality of the wordpress.

3. gretchenwillis

gretchenwillis Member

Thank you Piyush! This thread has been so helpful!!

I did figure out how to make my blog posts full width. That's wonderful!!

For the main blog page can you tell me what the dimensions of those thumbnails should be, and how those images are chosen? Maybe I can make one image - the one that will become a thumbnail - the correct dimensions so that when it is turned into a thumbnail it will not look distorted.

I hope I am being clear & am communicating myself correctly. Thanks again for your help!

4. tdaspit

tdaspit New Member

I'm having the same problem with the preview images for the blog posts distorting: http://gretchenbphotography.com/category/blog/ I have experimented with every aspect ratio for the featured image possible. I have tried changing the dimensions in the blog.php file. Nothing has worked. Did you get it to work Gretchen?

5. gretchenwillis

gretchenwillis Member

No tdaspit, I still have not gotten it to work but I'll wait until Monday, maybe someone else will chime in and be able to help. If I figure it out I will come back here and post. Thanks!

6. gretchenwillis

gretchenwillis Member

Hi Piyush, or anyone who can answer this question!
    I'm still not seeing the thumbnails as the size they should be. As you can see on this page
    http://gretchenwillisphotography.com/blog/
    the images look distorted. Some look stretched, some look fuzzy.
    I just would like to make it look right. If that means changing the size of the thumbnail, I'll do that. If it means uploading a custom image with specific pixel dimensions, so that it fits the CSS thumbnail size, then I'll do that!
    It just seems that when the WP theme takes my image and squishes it, the image looks awful. And since this is a photography blog, I want it to look as best as it can be!

thanks so much for your help!!!

7. tdaspit

tdaspit New Member

8. aliakbarshabbir

aliakbarshabbir New Member

Hi,
    Can you please tell me how did you make your blog post full width?

9. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Go to loop.php present in your theme directory and follow the instruction as shown in image given below

[​IMG]

10. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

11. aliakbarshabbir

aliakbarshabbir New Member