Blog Post Comments - Thank you Message + Other issues

Discussion in 'Infoway WordPress Theme' started by smbrisard, Mar 15, 2013.

1. smbrisard

smbrisard Member

Several things to tackle with blog posts at www.stephanbrisard/blog

1. How do we had a thank you message once submitting a blog post? It can either be on page and also triggering an email? Is there code to add in comments.php or a plugin your recommend?

2. After submitting a comment the user is jerked back at the top of the screen and a ULR is being created i.e.: http://www.stephanbrisard.com/fighting-googles-penguin-panda-seo-updates/#comment-33
    with the information from the person submitting stock in each of the comments fields - It's not a good experience - instead and back to item 1 above the experience should be similar as when you submit on my contact page: http://www.stephanbrisard.com/contact-stephanbrisard/
    I get a nice on site thank you and an email is being triggered at the same time & I stay on the contact form

3. I don't like the huge gaps between the blog post and the tags and between the dotted lines and the form - it feels like a lot of lost real estate - is there a way to better style the blog posts in relation to tags and the form?

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

1) Currently it is not possible to add such feature. It require lot of customization.

2) We are looking to this issue and will reply you as soon as possible.

3) Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS
    Code:
    .content-bar .post {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    padding-bottom: 0px;}
    #comments {
    margin-top: 10px;
    }

3. smbrisard

smbrisard Member

Thanks for looking into issue #2 - The CSS provided works well on the blog posts but messes the formatting on the main blog page at: http://www.stephanbrisard.com/blog/ - I brings the read more button on the very top of the dotted line and it looks ugly. Do you have different CSS which would just manage the formatting on the blog posts but not the blog page with the list of all the posts which is perfectly formatted by standard

4. smbrisard

smbrisard Member

Please disregard now all these items - I decided to replace the entire comments system with DISQS which sorted out my CSS spacing issues and also comments management with emailing function - One question though; do you know how I can hide the DISQUS logo at the bottom of my blog posts?

5. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    #footer .logo a {
    background-image: none!important;
    }