Amazon prices are not getting updated

Discussion in 'Quick Online Shop WordPress Theme' started by paloul, Nov 16, 2016.

1. paloul

paloul New Member

Hello Gentlemen,

Amazon prices on the blog do not match the actual Amazon prices.

Here are some examples:

Example 1:

Blog link:
    http://www.watches.cuemod.com/produ...-auto-date-black-stainless-steel-strap-watch/
    Price: $124.99

Amazon Buy product link from the blog:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0132NANCG/?tag=watchesviews-20
    Amazon price: $16.99
    A whopping difference of $108.00 less than the blog posted price.

Example 2:

My blog link:
    http://www.watches.cuemod.com/product/pebble-steel-smartwatch-stainless/
    Price: $99.46
    Note: As you see on the blog post there are no images… Yet another issue!

Amazon link from the blog:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KVHEL8E/?tag=watchesviews-20
    Amazon price: $113.88
    Difference is $14.42 more than the blog posted price.

Additionally this theme and or the included surrogate plugin called “AffiliateShop – WooCommerce Amazon Affiliates” is not updating any of the Amazon posts; the posts that was fetched from Amazon from older dates does not seem to be updated from the original fetched date.

Plus it does not even have any kind of disclaimer underneath the price.

Here is a partial copy of Amazon.com Product Advertising API License Agreement:

(o) You will include a date/time stamp adjacent to your display of pricing or availability information on your application if you obtain Product Advertising Content from a Data Feed, or if you call the Product Advertising API or refresh the Product Advertising Content displayed on your application less frequently than hourly. However, during the same day on which you requested and refreshed the pricing and availability information displayed on your application, you may omit the date portion of the stamp. Examples of acceptable messaging include:

Amazon.com Price: $32.77 (as of 01/07/2008 14:11 PST - Details)
    Amazon.com Price: $32.77 (as of 14:11 PST - More info)

Additionally, you must either include the following disclaimer adjacent to the pricing or availability information or provide it via a hyperlink, popup box, scripted popup, or other similar method: "Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product." In the above examples, "Details" and "More info" would provide a method for the end user to read the disclaimer.

I have checked 3 other and different Amazon plugins that seems to be compliant to Amazon License Agreements. Plus they refresh themselves on daily basis to keep Amazon prices correct. Here is an example:

Amazon Price: $1,680.00 $885.00 You save: $795.00 (47%).
    (as of November 15, 2016 6:37 pm
    Details).
    Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the Amazon site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.

Please let us know what to do about this... Hopefully an update will soon follow!

Best Regards,

John

perlaz likes this.
  2. paloul

paloul New Member

Hi Guys,

What is happening here...? A month has passed and still there is no solution for this issue!

I contacted [email protected] on Nov 18, 2016 with my Wordpress admin credentials and on 11/25/2016 received the following gibberish response:

""Hello,
    We have investigated the functionality of the theme again but didn't find such issues at our end,
    It could have happened that when you imported the contents the same things were there on amazon but, as you are familiar with the amazon website the product information gets updated very frequently on amazon even the links and that could be a reason for that.
    Please Import again the products, you will get the updated links and pricings there.
    Hope you understand.
    Thanks & Regards!
    ""

Apparently whoever he is has not even read the whole issue or does not know what he’s taking about!!!

I believe I have plainly explained the problem in full details with actual examples.

As the title of this thread says “Amazon prices are not getting updated”

Please forward this to somebody that can resolve this issue...

Thank you in advance for your timely response,

John

3. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi John,

I got your concern.

I would like to explain out a few things regarding the functionality. Actually, Amazon updates the various product attributes such as Prices, sometimes description/information related to the products. When you import the product or enter it's affiliate link, the information related to the product at that instant gets stored in the database. Now, if any update to the information is done, it does not get automatically updated in your database.

To have the same content, you need to import the product again so that the information gets inherited properly. This must be done regularly to ensure that the product attributed get matched up properly.

However, we understand the if there's some system which could automatically get the updated changes, would be much useful. We have forwarded this feature request to the developers and would try to implement this in the next update of the theme.

Should you need any further assistance regarding the functionality of the theme, don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

4. kingtana

kingtana New Member

Has anything been done to synchronize the prices without having to import the products again?
    When it is seen on the sales pages that the prices are synchronized people expect the prices to update.

5. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,
    I have already replied you in this regard on your email.

Please check your e-mail and let me know.

Thanks & Regards!
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com