Adding " target="_blank to slider always disappears after saving

Discussion in 'GoldenEagle WordPress Theme' started by gavinbrooks, May 24, 2013.

1. gavinbrooks

gavinbrooks New Member

As per earlier thread the " target="_blank to enable open link in new window feature is only temporary.

As soon as I make a minor change in any of the theme options then all of the " target="_blank that I used for several urls is suddenly removed.

Is there another way to make this permanent in the links?

I must have the ability to open banners and adverts in a new window.

2. totr_de

totr_de Member

Hi Gavin,

I am also interested in a solution to your topic. Hence, I followed the instructions provided here and it seems to work fine for me.
    I agree that " target="_blank disappears from the option's input mask after saving the changes. However, when clicking on the respective slider picture on my website, google still opens in a new tab (according to the earlier thread).

Maybe you give it one more try.
    Good luck.

Cheers
    stephan

3. gavinbrooks

gavinbrooks New Member

Hi Stephen, thank you for your response.
    Unfortunately I still lose the open in new window feature. Have you tried refreshing your webpage?
    I got one of my colleagues to do this in case it was me and he confirmed this was a problem.
    There has to be another way then adding this " target="_blank directly into a web url. I was told by a programmer that this is not the correct way to do it and it should be modified in the back end templates somewhere.
    Do you have any ideas on this?
    Cheers
    Gavin

4. totr_de

totr_de Member

Gavin, I was surprised myself as this is indeed not the way one would usually code it, and not the way google search offered it to me. However, I am not that deep into coding/scripting, and can only tell you it worked fine with me. I typed it into the options panel the way it was suggested in the earlier thread: http://www.google.de" target="_blank
    After saving the changes, my option panel looks as indicated by my attached picture.

You may visit my site and click on the very first slider picture "Paris". This should open google.de in a new tab. At least it does it for me ;)

Good luck with your issue.
    stephan

Attached Files:

5. gavinbrooks

gavinbrooks New Member

Yes it worked for me first time till I went and changed another URL and pressed save.

Suddenly all the urls that had this redirect disappeared and stopped opening in new windows after I refreshed my website. It lost all the " target="_blank

You can see this on my site http://www.tourismunitedkingdom.com/

The main top banner first two images I redid and they work, but suddenly the four smaller images below now open in itself and not in a new window. So why did the " target="_blank suddenly disappear.

If I were to copy the " target="_blank back to the four urls again and refresh the site then it work but then I lose the " target="_blank in the main images at top and of-course anywhere else like the widget adverts at the bottom of the page.

Its a pain in the backside and I need a proper fix but sadly inkthemes staff seem to be ignoring me!

6. totr_de

totr_de Member

Ok, I think I am totally losing control.
    Here's my latest experience:
    - after logging off from my own backend, the link from my Paris picture to google.de does not open in a new tab anymore --> this is the point where I deeply have to apologize, Gavin. You obviously were right!
    - now the strange thing: I checked your web page (using Firefox browser) and both Legoland and The London Pass open in a new tab when I click the slider images. The featured images, however, open in the same tab when I click on them.

Gavin, I am sorry. I thought I could be of any help, but this really gets out of control.
    Have you checked the blogroll? If you enter a URL there, it automatically opens in a new tab. So, I assume it's somehow really pre-defined in the backend.

So, the only positive feedback I can provide currently is that I will come over to the UK next week. I'll be spending a couple of days in London ;)

Cheers, Stephan