Add A Custom Color Styling Profile To Business Grow Via Child Theme

Discussion in 'InkThemes-Support Working Hours' started by apaduano, Apr 24, 2015.

1. apaduano

apaduano New Member

I am in the process of building a child theme and I want to hard code a custom color styling profile to the theme's settings menu.

I've already created a custom css file (purple.css). Where is/are the function(s) that control the setting of the color profile? Again, I want to hard code the color option so that it can be selected in Appearance > Theme Options > Styling Options from the dropdown.

*NOTE* This has also been posted in the theme's forum channel.

2. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

If you need to make color option appear in Appearance > Theme Options > Styling Options from the dropdown

Then,

1. Put your file in purple.css in the color folder of your parent theme. To know the path for color folder refer the below image:

business-grow-css-olor-option.png

2. To make that option appear in theme option panel, refer the below steps :

business-grow-css-color-option.png

Also it's recommended to create a backup of your theme and contents before doing any custom changes

Hope it will solve your issue.

3. apaduano

apaduano New Member

Okay, you're advice worked well. However, it didn't seem to effect the flexslider color scheme. The color of slider is still orange. How do I also correct that to purple?

4. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

Kindly check have you added class".slider_text_container a" in your purple.css file. If not then try to add the below code in it :

Code:
    .slider_text_container a {
      background: rgba(128, 32, 203, 0.5);
    }
    Hope it should solve your issue.

5. apaduano

apaduano New Member

Ah. I overlooked that selector. It was probably because it is rgba and not hex. That corrected the text, but there is still one area of the slider that hasn't changed, the slide indicators (see photo). What is its selector?

[​IMG]

6. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

They are flex control paging selector. Try to add the below CSS code:

Code:
    .flex-control-paging li a.flex-active, .flex-control-paging li a:hover {
      background: #551a8b;
    }
    Hope it will solve your issue.