A few more items...

Discussion in 'StartPoint Business One Page WordPress Theme' started by vblaes, Aug 27, 2015.

1. vblaes

vblaes Member

I changed the header and footer backgrounds to white (thank you for the help); however, when checking how it looks on mobile, the header appears blue (see attached file)

Additionally, the blue menu can't be seen unless one moves his or her mouse over it. Is there a way to make the menu static so it shows up? I don't want to confuse those who visit my website on PCs.

Thanks. Valarie

Attached Files:

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Could you please provide us 'URL' of your site so that we can better assist you?

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    Inkthemes.com

3. vblaes

vblaes Member

Hi, Priyanka,

If you type in the url to my website, you will see an "under construction" "sign," per se.

It's blaescommunications.com

4. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hi Valarie,

I have checked your website ( login using earlier provided credentials ) but found a different background and logo in your website.
    See the screenshot link:-
    http://screenpresso.com/=UiORd

Regards!
    Praveen
    InkThemes.com

5. vblaes

vblaes Member

I apologize for the inconvenience. I was working on my website this weekend. I have changed it back to show you the issue.

Also, is there anyway to make the footer text appear bolder to show the copyright info? It's barely visible. Thank you. Valarie

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

I have resolved your query related to the header background color by adding CSS code in your Dashboard (from provided credentials earlier).

CSS code (given below) which I have added in Custom CSS field of your dashboard.
    Code:
    @media (max-width: 991px){
    .mobile-logo {
        display: block;
        background-color: white !important;
    }
    }
    For your second query, i.e related to the footer text appear bolder, added code is given below.
    Code:
    .footer-copyright p {
        font-size: 20px;
        color: #76c2ee;
    }
    Note: Change font size and color as per your interest.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    Inkthemes.com

7. vblaes

vblaes Member

Thank you. Still need some help with an issue from a previous thread:

The blue menu can't be seen unless one moves his or her mouse over it. Is there a way to make the menu static so it shows up? I don't want to confuse those who visit my website on PCs.

Another question: on the slider, I added text for the headline as well as on top of the picture which shows up on a desktop computer; however, why does it not show up on mobile? Is there a way to get it to show up when the website is viewed on a mobile device.

Additionally, I've been having trouble getting the theme to work as a "one page theme." In other words, when I click a menu item, it goes to a different page vs. how the demo works. What is the trick to making this work? I've looked through the documentation and watched the videos but can't find it.

Thank you again for your help. Valarie

8. vblaes

vblaes Member

By the way, I am experimenting with colors, so when you login, if you see different colors (yellow vs. blue) or changes to the footer (no white background/color with white text), I'm just trying a few different things. Thank you for understanding. The issues remain the same.

9. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

It would be our pleasure to serve you.

I would solve your issue one-by-one in the series of your queries.

1. Regarding the blue menu :-
    You would be glad to know that, we have made changes in your website as per your requirements.

2. Regarding the slider headings/text :-
    I would like to inform you that the headings/text are set to OFF in mobile view because as the contents get responsive in small view, the text becomes very small, that it is highly unreadable. But, still if you want to get it in mobile, do let us know, we will get it customized for you.

3. Regarding the one page theme:-
    Please visit the following link http://www.inkthemes.com/wordpress-single-page-theme-tutorial

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    Inkthemes.com

10. vblaes

vblaes Member

Priyanka,

Thank you for your help. I looked at the tutorial, and I'm as confused as ever. I tried to get my menu items to work as a one page theme, but to no avail.

Also, can you give me the code that you used to change the menu? I'd like to change the text from the blue to white. Also, if I decide to change the background from blue to something else, I'd like to be able to manipulate it.

Finally, if you could help me so I could see what the text in the sliders look like on mobile by customizing it, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks in advance for all of your assistance. Valarie

11. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi Valarie,

To change the menu background color from blue to something else, you can get it by making alterations to style.css file of the theme. Please follow the screenshot given below.
    tttt.png

Hope it will resolve your issue

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

12. vblaes

vblaes Member

I would like to be able to see the text on the sliders on mobile. If you can help with that, I'd be most appreciative.

Still having trouble getting the one page menus to work. Looked at the documentation and videos and am still perplexed.

13. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

Regarding your issue related to the text on the slider on mobile, you would be glad to know that we have fixed it for you (as we had your credentials).

Next. Regarding the one-page-menus, you need to add the section's id in the custom link area, which will link that section. Please follow the video link given below: -
    http://screenpresso.com/=UWSDd

Hope it will resolve your issue :)

Kindly check and reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

14. vblaes

vblaes Member

15. vblaes

vblaes Member

Question re: text on the slider: is there a way so that the text aligns to the top instead of at the bottom when viewed on mobile? Thanks.

16. vblaes

vblaes Member

Regarding http://screenpresso.com/=UWSDd

Are one page menus only for the front pages items? In other words, I have several pages on my website (About Us, etc.). I also have more testimonials to be shown. Is it not possible to have the other pages perform as one page website items? Thanks.

17. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.

Code:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 320px){
    .flexslider .slides img
    { height:276px !important;
    }
    .text-container h3{
    padding-top:none;
    }
    .text-container{
    padding:0 !important;
    }
    .flex-caption {
        margin-top: -275px !important;
    }
    .text-container h1{
    font-size:15px !important;
    }
    .text-container h3{
    font-size:13px !important;
    }
    }

Hope it will resolve your issue regarding the slider.

You can obviously design other pages also to be one-page menus by creating a new menu from the Menu options as shown in the previous video.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

18. vblaes

vblaes Member

Great! The slider looks so much better now!!:)

Going to experiment with the other menu items. Even though the volume wasn't working, the video was very helpful. Thanks! You guys are awesome!!

19. vblaes

vblaes Member

OK. The video shows how to make one page menus with the existing items on the home page. I need help creating one page items for pages that I've already created. It doesn't show how to do that. I created a custom menu, but doesn't show where to enter the text and upload media. What am I missing? Thanks.

20. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

I would like to let you know that the one-page menu feature can be used only on the homepage and not the for the pages that you created. This is a theme feature.

So, if you are trying to achieve it using the custom menu and pages, you will not be able to enjoy the same functionality.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com