Is ButterBelly v1.1.5 ready for PHP 7.2 Update?

Discussion in 'ButterBelly WordPress Theme' started by gloryous, Feb 17, 2019.

1. gloryous

gloryous Member

Greetings!

My hosting service is preparing to update all of my sites as well as my client sites to PHP 7.2. With the following "INCOMPATIBLE" notification, I'm concerned that, after the update, the theme won't work properly for my client's site.

Here are the Scan Results.
    In preparation for the PHP 7.2 update, I've run a scan of one of my client sites that is using ButterBelly v1.1.5 and am receiving this message:

INCOMPATIBLE
    • ButterBelly Pro11 Errors, 0 Warnings
      Filename: wp-content/themes/butterbelly-pro/includes/inkoption-framework/Am/LicenseChecker.php
      Error
      524 | ERROR | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead 524 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_module_open() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use OpenSSL instead 524 | ERROR | The constant MCRYPT_BLOWFISH is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2 525 | ERROR | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead 525 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use random_bytes() or OpenSSL instead 525 | ERROR | The constant MCRYPT_RAND is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2 585 | ERROR | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead 585 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_generic() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use OpenSSL instead 605 | ERROR | Function mdecrypt_generic() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use OpenSSL instead 631 | ERROR | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead 631 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_generic_init() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use OpenSSL instead
    The Scan Results for Themes Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Sixteen, Twenty Seventeen indicate "COMPATIBILITY."

Please advise regarding ButterBelly's compatibility with a PHP 7.2 update. Thank you.

Glory Hougham

2. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

Hello Glory,

Greeting from InkThemes,

Yes, our theme is compatible with the latest version of PHP and WordPress.

You can update the PHP version if you want to update.

Let us know after the updation complete.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

3. gloryous

gloryous Member

Thank you, Akbar.

So there's no concern that I'm getting an ERROR message indicating incompatibility?

In addition to ButterBelly, I'm also getting ERROR/INCOMPATIBILITY indications for the following themes:
    • Rethink
    • Infoway
    • Woodpecker Pro
    • Roadfighter Pro
    • Blackrider
    • Smart Booking
    • Foogo Pro
    • Gommero
    Are these listed themes also compatible with PHP 7.2?

So are you saying that these scan results are "false" indications?

I'm a little concerned there may be problems with my client sites when the update is performed.

I'm looking for confirmation and assurance from InkThemes about this.

Thank you,
    Glory Hougham

4. gloryous

gloryous Member

Hello again.

Please respond to my questions and concerns expressed in yesterday's support post regarding these other themes as well:
    • Rethink
    • Infoway
    • Woodpecker Pro
    • Roadfighter Pro
    • Blackrider
    • Smart Booking
    • Foogo Pro
    • Gommero
    Thank you,
    Glory Hougham

5. akbar92

Hello Glory,

Greeting from InkThemes,

Yes, our themes support the latest versions of WordPress i.e., 5+ and PHP 7+ version.

There will be no issue, but if the issue occurs then we will surely resolve the issue for you.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

6. gloryous

gloryous Member

Thank you, Akbar.

I appreciate the answer and the promise of InkThemes future help if any issues occur.

All the best,
    Glory

7. akbar92

Hello Glory,

Greeting from InkThemes,

Okay, once you update the theme and if any issue occurs let us know.

And send us the Email at [email protected] along with the thread link and below-mentioned information.

WordPress Website URL: -
    WordPress Username: -
    WordPress Password: -

We will check the issue and resolve it.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com