Need help with some customization

Discussion in 'SwiftRay WordPress Theme' started by fweber78, Dec 26, 2016.

1. fweber78

fweber78 New Member

Hi, I need to know how to change the following:

1) Change the text, link and hover colors for all widgets - in the sidebar and the footer. Also how to change the color of the TITLES of widgets.

2) Change the link color and hover color of all links in main content sections (not menu, I already have that the way I want it)

3) How to center the logo at the top

4) How to disable the theme's default home page so I can build my own page.

5) How to change the hover color of the ACTIVE page on the menu bar to white (currently black)

6) How to change the text and hover colors in the SUBnavigation in the menu. Look now, it isn't right.

7) add social icons in right top corner instead of contact info?

8) Change the font of the widgets.

9) Disable mobile view. I want people to see the desktop site on mobile. The mobile version is terrible.

10) Why do images in blog post snippets come out so distorted? How can I control the image size? (see the main blog page)

Here is the temporary url for my site: http://genesisspiritualhealing.genesisspiritualhealingacademy.com/

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  2. shruti26

shruti26 Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Here are the answers to all your questions:

1) Change the text, link and hover colors for all widgets - in the sidebar and the footer. Also how to change the color of the TITLES of widgets.

To change the color of the links just paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.

Code:
    color of links:

.sidebar .sidebar_widget ul li a {
          color: #467e82;
    }

To change the hover color of the links just paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.

Code:
    .sidebar .sidebar_widget ul li a:hover {
         color: #f3a6d0;
    }

To change the color of the sidebar text just paste the code given below in Custom CSS section

Code:
    .sidebar .sidebar_widget ul li a:hover {
         color: #f3a6d0;
    }

2) Change the link color and hover color of all links in main content sections (not menu, I already have that the way I want it)

To change the link color in main content just paste the code given below in Custom CSS section

Code:
    .home_content a span {
        color: red !important;
    }

To change the hover color of links in main content
    just paste the code given below in Custom CSS section

Code:
    .home_content a:hover span {
        color: #154ed4 !important;
    }

3) How to center the logo at the top

To center the logo at the top just paste the code given below in Custom CSS section

Code:
    @media only screen and (min-width: 960px){
           .header .logo img {
            margin-left: 207px;
            }
    }

4) How to disable the theme's default home page so I can build my own page.

In the SwiftRay folder rename the front-page to home, then follow these steps on the dashboard:
    Dashboard >> Settings >> Reading >> Front Page Displays >> Choose A Static Page(Front Page).

5) How to change the hover color of the ACTIVE page on the menu bar to white (currently black)

To change the hover color of the Active page just paste the code given below in Custom CSS section

Code:
    #menu-wrapper ul.ddsmoothmenu li a:hover, #menu-wrapper ul.ddsmoothmenu li.current_page_item a, #menu-wrapper ul.ddsmoothmenu li.current-menu-item a
    {
    color: aqua !important;
    }

6) How to change the text and hover colors in the SUBnavigation in the menu. Look now, it isn't right.

Send us the screenshot of the same.

7) add social icons in right top corner instead of contact info?

Send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    Password :

We will do it for you.

8) Change the font of the widgets.

To change the font of the widgets
    paste the code given below in Custom CSS section

Code:
    .sidebar_widget p {
        font-family: cursive;
    }

9) Disable mobile view. I want people to see the desktop site on mobile. The mobile version is terrible.

The theme is responsive, so we will have to remove some CSS code from the theme, for this we need to access your dashboard.

So, send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    Password :

10) Why do images in blog post snippets come out so distorted? How can I control the image size? (see the main blog page)

To solve the issue, paste the code given below in Custom CSS section

Code:
    .content .post .postimg {
        width: 98%;
        height: auto;
        }

Hope this helps...!

Thanks & Regards,
    Shruti Jain
    InkThemes.com

3. fweber78

fweber78 New Member

Thank you so much for all this!

Some of them worked except for the following:

#1) Regular links in the sidebar worked, but NOT hover. It hovers to black for some reason and that's not the color I put in.

#2) Links and hover colors won't change in the main content. It still stays the same color as the navigation menu (don't want them the same color).

#4) Disabling the theme's home page didn't work. No matter what page I change the static home page to, the website shows the theme's home page.

#7) I took care of the social icons in the header.

#9) Yes, please disable mobile view. I will email the login info, link etc.

In the meantime, do you have any other ideas to fix the above issues?

Two more things - is there any way to add a right sidebar to this theme? So that I have one on the left and one on the right?

Also, I read another person asking how to make the site completely full width (across the whole page) and the response was that Inkthemes would have to do it themselves for a charge. Can you tell me what the charge is?

Thanks!

4. fweber78

fweber78 New Member

One more thing - How do I change the font on the menu?

5. shruti26

shruti26 Guest

Hi,

Hope you are doing good!

Here are the answers to your questions:

#1) Regular links in the sidebar worked, but NOT hover. It hovers to black for some reason and that's not the color I put in.

I didn't get it. Please share a screenshot of the same.

#2) Links and hover colors won't change in the main content. It still stays the same color as the navigation menu (don't want them the same color).

You have already applied the CSS and I can see the changes reflecting as seen in this screenshot: https://screenpresso.com/=QXiae
    Please clear your cache and see the changes.

#4) Disabling the theme's home page didn't work. No matter what page I change the static home page to, the website shows the theme's home page.

We have made some changes in your website. Please try doing it once again. If you still face the issue, let us know.

#7) I took care of the social icons in the header.

That sounds great! :)

#9) Yes, please disable mobile view. I will email the login info, link etc.

We have disabled the mobile view, please have a look at it.

Is there any way to add a right sidebar to this theme? So that I have one on the left and one on the right?

This is not possible with the theme.

Regarding how to make the site completely full width (across the whole page) , the charges will be $30.

Hope this helps...!

Thanks & Regards,
    Shruti Jain
    InkThemes.com

6. fweber78

fweber78 New Member

Whatever someone did when making changes ruined my blog page. The blog page takes you to the home page? I didn't have it that way. Can you please fix it, and no I will not pay, the mistake was not mine.

How do you remove the dots that go across the top of pages?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  7. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello,

Can you please check your site again, we have resolved that. We just used Latest Posts options as your Front Page Setting under Dashboard->Settings->Reading

As far as the dashed line for the page/post title is concerned, we used below code in your site to hide it.
    Code:
    .content .post .post_title {
        border-bottom: none;
    }
    Please check your site now,

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

8. fweber78

fweber78 New Member

Hi, this code didn't work. The dashes are still there.

9. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Can you please share screenshots of the concerned area?

I have already applied the code there. I will check and do the needful.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com