Videos, images and thumbnails are not deleted

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by inkidobid34, Apr 24, 2016.

1. inkidobid34

inkidobid34 New Member

Hello,

When a user who uploaded a video and want to delete this video performing it from your control panel, this video is not deleted from the folder nor the video image, only not said video shown but the video is still in the folder occupying a server space.

I do not know because the video, image and thumbnail folders is not deleted, this should do the programming of the web template.

Please programming is essential that realize this action, otherwise the server with unnecessary content will collapse.

Thank you.

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Could you please provide us 'URL' of your site so that we can better assist you?

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. inkidobid34

inkidobid34 New Member

Hello,

That is not possible. The issue I'm customizing local server (localhost).

4. inkidobid34

inkidobid34 New Member

Hello,

I will use the theme for users to upload own videos, unchecking the option to link youtube or vimeo videos. The videos are not deleted when a user presses the button (delete). These videos are not displayed in the browser but they have not been erased, like images and thumbnails. It is essential to be deleted to free disk space.

Please can you help me solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

5. priya

priya Guest

Hello..

I have checked this and everything is working fine at our end...

Hope you will understand..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

6. inkidobid34

inkidobid34 New Member

Hello,

I downloaded the software package that you have sent me after purchase. I installed the issue with the sample data that you have provided me, then I've signed up with a new user and I have uploaded a video and a picture. video uploaded perfectly displayed. After I signed in and I deleted the video and the video effectively no longer appears in the browser but has not erased the video folders, nor have erased the images or thumbnails.

Attached Files:

7. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello,

It seems you are checking the images on the server level, If you check for those in theme then, you won't get them.

As the deletion is done from the database, not from your server.

Hope you understand,

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

8. inkidobid34

inkidobid34 New Member

Hello,

It seems that you're not understanding me.

Obviously not shown in the browser because the route has been deleted in the database but have not deleted the files.

The files must be deleted from the server, you can not stay there for eternity!

Then they go searching users and uploading videos and images to the web and when these users decide to delete the videos the topic should delete files to free up space on the server, can not stay on the server for eternity, the hosting will collapse.

I do not know because the subject does not do this automatically, simply by adding a few lines of code to fix the problem.

This is critical for my project, I need you to solve this problem, thanks.

9. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello! Pablo,

I can understand, we can improvise the functionality of the theme and will definitely try our best in deploying such deletion feature in the next update.

We'll notify you once it would be done,

Your patience and cooperation would be highly appreciated,

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

10. inkidobid34

inkidobid34 New Member

Hello Naveen,

Wait for an update! when!

Press the delete button is to delete the videos and that does not make the web template, that's why I'm angry because videos can not stay there for eternity, I need to delete the videos to free up space on the server otherwise if deleted videos that users remain on the server forever the available space on the server will be filled in full soon.

I have to finish the project website for a client immediately. I can not wait for an update of the web template, this should automatically be done by programming code.

No videos youtube, vimeo .... be uploaded because the option is disabled.

The project website that will make is that users upload only own videos for a short time and then users erase the videos weekly, is why it is vital that the video server are deleted once users to click the delete button.

When I bought this web template, I did not imagine that this feature does not work erase files, it is a bit incredible.

Please, I need you to rectify this problem otherwise I will have a trade problem with my client.

Thank you very much.

11. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello Pablo,

Please have patience, Our developers are working on this and will soon give you the optimized theme.

Your cooperation would be appreciated,

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

12. inkidobid34

inkidobid34 New Member

You have a private email from me.

13. Naveen

Naveen Guest

We have sent you the email please check.