Search Results - Display

Discussion in 'GeoCraft WordPress Theme' started by rdeshazer, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdeshazer

rdeshazer Member

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

I have forwarded your issue to our developer team and they are working on it and will notify you soon...

Your patience will be highly appreciated,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. rdeshazer

rdeshazer Member

ok thank you

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

You would be glad to know that we have resolved your issue....

Kindly check your site and acknowledge the same..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. rdeshazer

rdeshazer Member

Hi Priya,

The search function now works. Just one note, it looks like you guys reinstalled my Geo Theme. When that happens, the CSS transfers, however hardcoded edits to the Themefiles do not for example I made changes to the 404.php, template_listing.php, and template_featured.php files. It's not a huge deal right now, however I know if I made 10 or more edits to Theme files and they were copied over I would be upset to say the least. Also some of the edits I may or may not remember that I did, so I had to go back over the changes from the support forum that I sent you guys and redo do those again in the Theme files. I recognize sometimes you have to reinstall a Theme to fix something, but their has to be a way to keep custom changes to Theme files. If I'm not mistake, when their is a new version of the Theme it does not copy any of the custom Theme file edits correct? If indeed that is the case, either I or Inkthemes needs to come up with a way where custom theme file edits are save and it is not a pain. I could document every theme files edit as a manual process but that would add time to my process which if that is the only way then so be it. Maybe others have a suggestion to this, I suspect I am not the only one that has run into this.

Thx,
    R

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Don't worry...

Your customizations are still in your WordPress as you can check out that your old theme is still in your dashboard so you can get it back whenever you required....

And to save the customization during updations, so you can do this by creating a child theme in your dashboard and do all the customization over there so after carry the child theme you can update your theme a per the requirement...

Hope you will get it helpful..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

7. rdeshazer

rdeshazer Member

So what your saying is, its a manual process where I would have to copy the old theme files to the new theme version? Because as it stands files are not automatically transferred with a new version of the theme only CSS code is.

8. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

No, you don't need to copy all the files in the new version of the theme, all files will transfer automatically..

And my only concern was that your source code customization whatever you have done in your old version of the theme will undo from the new version..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

9. rdeshazer

rdeshazer Member

I understand, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.