How to create next-page option in blog on videocraft theme

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by bersingh, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bersingh

bersingh New Member

i've created a video site using videocraft theme, in that i've also created a blog page & after posting blogs in that page i was unable to go to next page, so it shows only the last 10-posts which i've posted. so please guide me on creating next page option in blog page, Thankyou.

2. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

Could you please provide us URL of your website along with some edited screenshot of your requirements, so that we can assist you accordingly?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

3. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Fine Mr.Nitin, my url is www.christjunction.com & i've attached you a screenshot of the bottom of my blog page, there you can't find any option to go to the next next pages,.. it just shows the last 10-posts & older posts are hidden,.. please guide me on doing this,.. Thanks in advance for helping me,..

Attached Files:

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello Mike,

Greetings from InkThemes!

I have checked your site and would like to tell you that you are using 1.2.0 version of the theme whereas 2.0.5 is available in the members area..

So if you haven't customized source code of the theme, you are kindly suggested to reinstall the latest version of the theme from the members area.

Here're the steps of doing so...

Download the VideoCraft theme by logging in your members account:

http://inkthemes.com/members/member

Next, you have to extract the zip file and rename that folder videocraft like videocraft_new,

Again, you would need to create a zip file of that renamed folder (say: videocraft_new.zip),

Now, upload the theme in your WordPress from Dashboard->Appearance->Themes->Add New,

Then, activate your theme,

This way you can install and activate your updated version in your site, keeping the copy of your older version in your WordPress

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,
    Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

bersingh likes this.
  5. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Thanks for your response priya,.. i did it as you said, but after uploading the new version of the theme i'm facing 2-problems,..

The first problem is my home page top featured video is not displaying & the right side recommended video is also empty, you can check this by going to my site (www.christjunction.com) & also i've given attached a screen shot with this reply.

The second problem which i'm facing was in my blog page, usually my blog posts won't be with image, but after upgrading the new theme an empty image space is appearing & it looks non professional, so please suggest me how to remove the image space which is appearing. For viewing that you can go to my blog page & see, also i've attached a screenshot with this reply,..

Please help me ASAP, because my work got stucked because of these issues,.. please do the needful,..

Attached Files:

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Regarding your first issue, it seems that you have missed out some setting in your dashboard

Please follow the screenshot given below and check after that.

videocraft_Homepage.png

For your second issue, i.e. to remove the image space which is appearing

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS section (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.
    Code:
    .content-bar .post .post_content img.postimg {
        display: none;
    }
    Hope it will resolve your issue

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

bersingh likes this.
  7. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Thankyou very much for you kind support with clear solutions for my requirement,.. Now i need 3-Solutions from you;

1:At the end of the blog post all the tags which i've added are displaying, also i've attached a screenshot to show the status of it. Actually i want to hide that tags in the post, what i mean is tags which i'm giving to the post should not be displayed to the reader. please guide to get a solution for this.

2:Actually when posting a blog i'm checking on the comments option, but when seeing the post it says comments is off, for this also i've attached a screenshot to show how i checked on the comments. So please guide me how to switch on the comments for my blog posts.

3: Please guide me on how to add a option of 'suggested posts' @ the end of a blog post. In this please suggest me on the 2-options one which takes posts automatically for suggestions & the other in which we can select the posts maually for suggested posts.

Please guide me to solutions for the above mentioned issues, Thanks in advance for your support.

Attached Files:

8. priya

priya Guest

Hello Bersingh,

Solutions are accordingly...

1) I want to hide that tags in the post

For this just paste the code given below in Custom CSS field of your dashboard.
    Code:
    .tag {
        display: none;
    }
    2) Please guide me how to switch on the comments for my blog posts.

So for this, please follow the screenshot given below.

videocraft_Comment.png

3) How to add an option of 'suggested posts' @ the end of a blog post.

Would you please explain your this issue with some edited screenshot of the concerned area and be more specific that are you talking about suggested video or post so that I can assist you accordingly..

If you are unable to create screenshots then you can use www.screenpresso.com that will help you to create screenshots.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

bersingh likes this.
  9. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Thanks for your immediate support Priya, it's regarding my blog posts. As you asked i've attached a sceenshot. Let me brief you "actually what i want is, if a person is reading a post & at the end of the post i wanna show some previously posted posts, so he can click & read the other posts also. Hope u understood, if you need more briefly please let me know, Thankyou.

Attached Files:

10. priya

priya Guest

bersingh likes this.
  11. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Really thanks a lot for your amazing support, i used 'wordpress related posts' plugin, it works fine & met my requirement. Thankyou,..

12. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Priya, can you suggest me a best & easy to use 'Forum Plugin'. Actually i need this forum page in my website(www.christjunction.com) as a page like a blog page. I think you understand what i'm trying to ask. Please support me in this, Thankyou.

13. priya

priya Guest

Hello Bersingh,

Thanks a huge lot for your appreciation...:)

Let me tell you that we are using XenForo Community forum (https://xenforo.com/).

And I would like to suggest you "bbPress" plugin and hope this will meet your requirement...

Kindly check the link of the plugin given below...

bbPress: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/installation/

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

bersingh likes this.
  14. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Great, you are exactly rite,.. 'bbpress' plugin is amazing & suits my requirement accurately, Thanks again Priya,..

15. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Priya, i have 2-more issues & i've mentioned those below;

1: Actually i tried creating another user account on my website(christjunction.com) in which i'm using videocraft theme & i gave the role of 'editor' but when i tried logging in via that account it just goes to video adding page & it's not going to wordpress editor dashboard. Actually i appointed a staff for blogging & video uploading for my website, but i can't give admin access to him. I think you understand what i'm trying to convey, please support me in creating this editor account.

2: I tried 'bbpress' plugin & it's really amazing & i've setted up by seeing some youtube tutorials, but after finishing everything i was unable to register new user, when i enter the details to register it's going to login page of videocraft there, if you just click my forum page by clicking here http://christjunction.com/forum/ you can see the status. I don't know there is some things to be changed in wordpress settings or something, please support me regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance for supporting me on the above mentioned issues,..

16. priya

priya Guest

Hello Bersingh,

Regarding your first issue,

I would like to suggest you to use "/wp-admin" at the end of site URL and you will find your issue resolved..

And for the second issue,

Let me tell you that in VideoCraft theme there is an inbuilt login page and that's why it just redirect you to the VideoCraft login page..

So if you want we can disable custom login page for you...

Hope you will get it helpful..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

17. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Fine priya,
    For the first issue 'i've already tried entering (christjunction.com/wp-admin) it directs to theme login page only, you can check from your end also.

For the second issue, as you said we can disable login from theme. Because according to our site's concept we just need forum login & we don't encourage anyone to upload their video's. Also if we are removing login option, we must also remove 'Add Video' option in home page. So how to proceed on this issue priya ???

Thanks for your support Priya,..

18. priya

priya Guest

Hello! Bersingh,

I have discussed your point #1 once again with our developer and they said, depending upon your requirements, it will require a bit of source code customization As you are looking for a different functionality which our theme is not supposed to do.

We can do this for you, so that you can provide Video Uploading and Blogging permissions to the Editor role.

For your point #2, again a bit of source code changes would require in the theme.

Since, the type of customization is time-consuming and comes under our chargeable customization policy, there would be some charges.

Let me know if you agree, I will let you know the charges and payment proceedings.

Waiting for your response,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

19. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Oh, ok priya then please give me a quote for both the process,.. if it's affordable for me, then i will go for it (or) if it's high for me then i will leave this option on hold & then in future i will do it,.. because just now i've started working on this blog & still i haven't even applied for adsense, so there is no profit till now on this blog or me, so want to think on this priya,.. Anyway you send me the quote please, Thankyou Priya,..

20. bersingh

bersingh New Member

Priya, i'm waiting for your quote !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.