Will adding www. to my wordpress setting damage theme

Discussion in 'General InkThemes Discussion and Feedback' started by selfmade, Apr 3, 2015.

1. selfmade

selfmade Guest

Hi guys, i just noticed that my wordpress settings (and when viewed in search bar) are displaying my address without the www. The problem is google webmasters and my link building efforts have directed to www.headphonesforworkingout.com. Can I just add the www in the section below or will this break my site. I would be happy to give you guys my login if you would like to have a look. Thanks so much, Ad
    Site Title
    Tagline
    In a few words, explain what this site is about.

WordPress Address (URL)
    Site Address (URL)

2. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

We have checked at our end it is working fine when you put www. in WordPress Address (URL), Site Address (URL).
    Let us know if you have any further issue.

Regards,
    Sameer

3. selfmade

selfmade Guest

The problem is when I type www.headphonesforworkingout.com in to the address bar it redirects to headphonesforworkingout.com. I have setup my preferred site in google webmaster tools as the www. version. I don't want to have issues with duplicate content or my future link building efforts to www version. My wordpress sites settings are setup without the www in it. If I add the www in there will it fix it or will it break my site? I have also heard of 301 redirects which is recommended by google( I think). I would imagine that this would be a common problem if wordpress sets up the sites without www by default. Please help! Thanks, Adam

4. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hi,

Correct me if am wrong, you are bit worried about duplicate URL or content factor, if you setup www. version in WordPress site setting. If it so then, then I can suggest you to go for Yoast All in one SEO plugin for that, in it there is an option to set canonical URL feature which is some what functions like 301 redirect.
    you can also refer this link: http://kb.yoast.com/article/148-canonical-urls-in-wordpress-seo

Hope it will work for you. Let me know have any further doubts.