Date format on Appointway wigit

Discussion in 'Appointway WordPress Theme' started by kirstyterry, Oct 6, 2014.

1. kirstyterry

kirstyterry Guest

2. gsteen

gsteen New Member

I am UK based and have the same problem. I am told that it can't be done unless I want to spend money on having it customized. Completely useless!

3. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

Go to --> plugins\ink-appointment\ink-admin\js\cal-front\jquery-ui.js and edit this file as shown below in screenshot.

7oct6.png

It will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

4. gsteen

gsteen New Member

Unfortunately this does not resolve the issue!

The above does change the date format shown on the appointment widget BUT....it creates a new problem with the available date slots. The date picker format (as shown in the attached screenshot) also needs to be changed to dd/mm/yyyy because otherwise the date slots show up as unavailable for most of the dates. For example, if the date format is set to dd/mm/yyyyy and the available dates format is mm/dd/yyyy then the date of 21 December 2014 would be interpreted as 12/21/2014 - for which there is not such date. Thus, we also need to know how to change the date picker format in order to synchronize the system. Please therefore advise how to change the date format on the date picker.

Attached Files:

5. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

1. Go to --> plugins\ink-appointment\ink-admin\appointments-form\apt-dashboard\create-apt.php and write DD/MM/YYYY in place of MM/DD/YYYY on line no. 675 and 680.
    2. Go to -->plugins\ink-appointment\ink-admin\js\cal\jquery.calendars.js and write dd/mm/yyyy in place of mm/dd/yyyy on line no. 644.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

6. gsteen

gsteen New Member

Unfortunately, what you have said still DOES NOT resolve the issue. The issue is to set the appointment plugin to make appointments using the UK date format of dd/mm/yyyyy.

Firstly, the instruction in 2 above is incorrect. There is no date format to change on line 644. The only line with a date format in jquery.calendars.js is line 1287.

After applying the customization you give above the date does display in the correct format in the 'create appointments' setup in the back end and it does display correctly in the front end appoitment widgit. However that is where the good news ends! Because the timeslots still appear to be reading the date in the US format mm/dd/yyyy. For example, if I enter a date of 28/8/15 the time slot shows 'unavailable' If I enter a date of 10/2/15 it give the available appointment times for that day. See attached screenshots. In the first example of 28/8/15 the US format would read 8/28/15 but since there is not a 28th month then it returns 'unavailable' However, in the second example, 10/2/15 the US format would read 2/10/15 which is a valid date and thus returns the available times for that day.

Please provide me with the complete and proper fix so that I can get everything working properly for Monday. This plugin is a total headache and the formatting issues should have been addressed at the outset. If you are going to sell something for the UK market then at least ensure that it it formatted for that market. Thank goodness you don't supply us with cars because we would all be driving on the wrong side of the road!

Please deal with this urgently.

Regards

Christian Steiner screenshot 1.png screenshot 2.png

7. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

Firstly change date format in three file ( four place ) as shown below in screenshot. Your problem will solve.
    13oct2.png

2. 13oct3.png

3. 13oct4.png

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

8. gsteen

gsteen New Member

Unfortunately the above resolves nothing...in fact it makes matters worse than before.

I have changed the date formats in the four places shown above. This does change the date format in the timeslots setup and in the booking display widget. However, after making the changes detailed by you the following happens:

1. The appointment does not appear in the 'booked appointments' tab
    2. Bookings are accepted for Sundays when in fact Sunday is not included in the timeslots.
    3. The confirmation email to the client still shows the appointment date in the US style date format.

If you cannot fix this plugin then please tell me now so that I can avoid wasting any more of my time. Frankly, the designer of this plugin is totally useless. It should never have been released for any market other than the USA. If you release a plugin for the European markets, such as the UK, then at least have the decency to ensure first that it meets the format requirements for that market. UK customers do not understand US date formats. For example, 2nd November 2014 in US format is 11/2/2014. But in the UK this would be taken to means 11 February 2014.

Please either fix the problem or tell me if you cannot so that I can then throw the theme and the plugin in the trash can and save wasting any more of my time of a 'dead duck'!

9. gsteen

gsteen New Member

I noticed from your screenshots that the plugin is shown as "Ink Appointments Pro" The plugin I downloaded from your site does not include the word 'pro'

10. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

1. Ink Appointments Pro is a latest version of that plugin and all files that was in old version and in new version are same so do as shown above in screenshot.

OR

2. We have got your concern, please send us your WordPress dashboard login details also the link of this thread at [email protected]. so that, we can have a look over the issue in details.

Your website link:
    WordPress username:
    WordPress password:
    This thread link: http://www.inkthemes.com/community/threads/date-format-on-appointway-wigit.14163/

Note: When your issue get resolved, you can change your password.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

11. gsteen

gsteen New Member

I sent you the WP dashboard details via email yesterday. Did you receive them?

12. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

We have changed date format mostly all places, only one place date format can't be change. We have attached a screenshot in which place date format can't be changed.
    We have also changed date format in email that receive by customer.
    Sorry for this inconvenient.
    16oct6.png

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade