Error Messages in Appointway Appointment Plugin

Discussion in 'Appointway WordPress Theme' started by gsteen, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsteen

gsteen New Member

Please can you help me .

I have installed the latest version of the appointaway theme (1.1.7) and the latest version of the appointment plugin (1.1)

After installation I get the error message as shown in the two screenshots in both the appointment and lead capture settings.

Can you tell me what is wrong please?

Attached Files:

2. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello,
    Please download a fresh copy of theme and plugins and install them. Install them while all plugins are deactivated.
    Thanks & Regards
    Pramod

3. gsteen

gsteen New Member

I have done. I did a fresh install of the theme and plugin on a subdomain with a fresh copy of WP v4 that did not have any other plugins installed. But...the problem is still there.

4. gsteen

gsteen New Member

Also, I find that the plugin is not saving any of the information. I set up a service and then the dates and time slots etc but it does not appear to save anything.

5. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello !
    Please send us your WordPress dashboard login details also the link of this thread at [email protected]. so that, we can have a look over the issue in details.
    Your website link:
    WordPress username:
    WordPress password:
    This thread link:
    Thanks & Regards
    Pramod

6. gsteen

gsteen New Member

I tried sending you the requested log in information to the email address you gave me - [email protected] - but the email was returned by the server marked "domain has no valid mail exchangers"

I attach a screen shot of the error message.

I also tried sending email to [email protected] and received exactly the same error message.

I am now getting fed up with your theme very quickly. Wish I'd never bought it! What is going on??

Attached Files:

7. gsteen

gsteen New Member

I have now isolated what was causing the mysql errors. It is because the theme and/or plugin is not compatible with the latest version of wordpress.

I did a test and installed to a fresh install of WP using version 3.6. The error messages were not present. I then update WP to the latest version 4 and all the error messages came back. So it is the theme and/or plugin that is not compatible.

Its a pity that I had to waste all day finding this problem out for myself and into the bargain, lost a customer who thinks that because the appointment plugin does not display the date in UK format it is not worth buying. I agree with the customer. The theme and plugin are both a total waste of time and money. Its the last theme that I shall be buying from inkthemes.

8. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello gsteen,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, But theme work perfectly and it is fully compatible with WordPress 4.0 Your hosting maybe generating errors with WordPress 4.0 You have to check your hosting server with WordPress 4.0 and other themes available in wordpress.org or twenty twelve which are free of cost.
    If email generate errors then it is a problem of your mailing server.
    Thanks & Regards
    Pramod

9. gsteen

gsteen New Member

I have now managed to resolve the issue myself. The problem was caused by the appointment plugin not being compatible with the latest PHP version 5.5.

I installed the theme and plugin on a 1&1 server wit the domain configured to PHP version 5.5 (which is the latest version). However, 1&1 technical support discovered that if the PHP setting is put back to version 5.4 for the domain then everything works well.

I thought I would post this just so that if anyone else should encounter similar problems then it might be helpful.

Regards

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.