Blog Posts Going to Blog Page

Discussion in 'Covera WordPress Theme' started by hfoord, Aug 15, 2014.

1. hfoord

hfoord New Member

I want my blog posts to go to a new page called Blog. I understand that the new page itself require a template attribute of "Blog" However this in itself does not allow new Blog Posts to automatically post to my new Blog Page. If I go to Settings>Reading, I must choose a new front page as a static page which then no longer shows my original theme default home page. It only allows me to choose one of my newly created pages for a static home page. -which I do not want. Again, I want my home page to be the original default which came with the theme. I cannot choose to have my blog posts go to my newly created Blog Page, because I must first change my home static page - which I do not want to do as I am not offered an option to maintain the original theme home page. How do I get blog posts to go onto my newly created Blog Page?

2. PankajK

PankajK Support Staff

In our theme we have an option to switch the front page (that is 'Home') on or off from theme option panel.
    You may have switched it off. Go to Appearance >> Theme Options >> General
    Here you can find an option to on/off front page. Make it on. You need not to go to Reading to set it.

From the reading setting you can only select a particular page to show on home page.
    Further, to show your blogs to a static page called 'Blog' just create a new page, add a title "Blog" and leave the content area blank and then select the template 'Blog page'.
    All done, now every time when you create a post, it will show up on the 'Blog' page, now you can add the page menu "Blog" to your custom menu which must have the same URL as your new "Blog" page.

If you still have difficulties in getting it resolved please send your login information, website link on the email [email protected]
    Hope it may help you.

Thanks
    PankajK

3. hfoord

hfoord New Member

My front page option is set to on. I have to select a static page in Reading before I can select a Post page. When I select one of the static page options, I lose the default theme front page - as there is no option to choose the theme's home page. Only my created pages. If I leave the static page selection blank, and just set my posts to go to my Blog Page, the Blog Page becomes my home page. How do I set the home page to remain the theme's home page but make posts go to a new Blog page?

Attached Files:

4. PankajK

PankajK Support Staff

Hi hfoord
    To keep you homepage as default just create a page named 'Front Page'. Keep its content blank.
    Now go to the reading setting >> A Static page >> Front Page
    Select the 'Front Page' you just created. This will make you front page same as default home page.
    Now you can select your desired post page.
    Hope your issue is resolved now. :)
    Thanks and regards.
    PankajK

Attached Files:

5. hfoord

hfoord New Member

Thank you so much!!! That works now. However all my pages have black backgrounds and I have made all the fonts <p style="padding-left: 30px;"><span style="color: #feffe8;">. The Blog template is not accepting this. How can I now make the blog text the same as my other pages?

6. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello,
    Please provide URL of website.
    Thanks & Regards
    Pramod

7. PankajK

PankajK Support Staff

Hi hfoord
    Please provide your site URL.
    Thanks
    PankajK