All the text is one paragraph! Help please!

Discussion in 'General InkThemes Discussion and Feedback' started by ytollig, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ytollig

ytollig New Member

I purchased this Theme (RealPhotography) because I like the white, clean cut look.
    I wanted a plain, static, non-blog website and since this template involves blogging, I wanted to know how to remove the 'blogging part' of this template. Gourav helped me with that by telling me to go to my front-page.php and to remove the following code:

<?php get_template_part('loop', 'index'); ?>

It worked perfectly but then I could not type/add any text on my home page. You showed me that I must enter my text manually here. (as in image below)
    See uploaded image
    [​IMG]
    I did that but now it wrties everything in one paragraph. I cannot get it to seperate the paragraphs or make bullets as I would be able to if I text using Edit Page and go the the page. See Screenshot below of what happens if entering text manully on front-page.php:
    [​IMG]

I have instant wordpress where I test stuff and i replace the code you deleted with the following code:
    <?php the_content(); ?>

It worked there but doesn't work when I go do it on the real webpage.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

2. Harmeet

Harmeet Support Staff

Hello,

If you want to add the text in the front page then you have to write the text there as suggested by Gourav, but you have to use HTML tags to write the text in paragraph or in the list. Then it will come in the formatting as you needed.

3. ytollig

ytollig New Member

Hi Harmeet,

Thank you for the reply. I am new at this. What HTML tags do I need to use? Can you give it to me or give me an example please?

Thanks

4. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

You can use heading tags, Paragraph tag, Listing tags, Line break tag,
    For example
    1. <h1> </h1> to <h6> </h6> for heading.
    2. <p> </p> for paragraph.
    3. <ul> for listing.
    <li> </li>
    </ul>
    4. <br> for breaking line.

And if you want more tags then you can search it on internet it will easily available and easy to use.

5. sparrks

sparrks New Member

I do think your themes need a new way of adding text to the homepage, it is currently very poor. I start a new post, edit on the post page and then cut n paste to the homepage - not a good solution!

6. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

@sparrks,

Real Photography theme is implimented to show blog posts at the front page.So there is no option to add any additional content at the front page

7. sparrks

sparrks New Member

Gourav, my apologies I should have mentioned that I'm using the Elite Pro theme and have experienced difficulties in editing the homepage as per my previous comment.