Secure Your WordPress Website with Better WP Security Plugin
Everyone is concerned about security of their website, many people hire security professional to protect their sites from hacking attempts. Regular auditing of websites is needed in order to ensure its complete security. There are various kinds of attacks which an attacker can perform in order to compromise security of your website. If you can consult and hire any security person then it’s good and if you cannot then you should have an alternative for that. I can help you up to some extent. Yes for all WordPress users fortunately there is a plugin named “BetterWP Security”.
To download this plugin Click Here.
This plugin does its part pretty well, It secures your WordPress installation by fixing many security issues. You can patch multiple security issues with a single click. Let’s have a look on features of this wonderful plugin and then later we will discuss how to get this plugin work for you.
Features of Better WP Security:
- Remove the meta “Generator” tag
- Change the urls for WordPress dashboard including login, admin, and more
- Completely turn off the ability to login for a given time period (away mode)
- Remove theme, plugin, and core update notifications from users who do not have permission to update them
- Remove Windows Live Write header information
- Remove RSD header information
- Rename “admin” account
- Change the WordPress database table prefix
- Change wp-content path
- Removes login error messages
- Display a random version number to non administrative users anywhere version is used
And many more. Better WP security at least offers you tweaks for security setting at basic level. If you go advanced then Better WP Security will work like a perfect security professional for you.
Lets see how this plugin will work for you. Once you install this plugin simple activate it, click on “Security” tab given in your WP dashboard. You will be asked to take backup of your site if you haven’t taken yet.
If you click on “Create Database Backup”, backup of your database will be automatically emailed to your inbox. But if you have already your backup then you can proceed by skipping this step. Then this plugin will ask for your permission to edit WordPress Core files to give you high level security. If you don’t want to authorize this plugin to edit core files of your WP Installation then you can deny it and proceed further.
Now you will be shown various issues for which you have installed this plugin.
As I said you will get the list of all issues, So the list will appear like this i will tell you why its displaying it in four different colors:
- Items in green are fully secured and you do not need to bother.
- Items in orange are partially secured. Turn on more options to fully secure these areas.
- Items in red are not secured. Immediately you should secure these items
- Items in blue are not fully secured but may conflict with other themes, plugins, or the other operation of your site. Secure them if you can but if you cannot do not worry about them.
Well this plugin has much more for you, you can block ip’s and users to access your site. You can choose a time frame during which your admin panel will be active etc. So its a complete package for your WordPress Security need.
Just a single plugin is offering you many things so get it and make it worthy by installing and using it in your WordPress website. Please do share other security plugins that you use for your WordPress website.