Make Multi – Language Website By Using Google Language Translator Plugin
Why not make your website readable in multiple languages? Since you are on the internet, it is visible to different sections of the people whose mother tongue is different from each other. So if your website is restricted to only one language, you can miss the opportunity to link a large target audience who uses different languages other than English. Although, English is a global language but st...
Why not make your website readable in multiple languages?
Since you are on the internet, it is visible to different sections of the people whose mother tongue is different from each other. So if your website is restricted to only one language, you can miss the opportunity to link a large target audience who uses different languages other than English. Although, English is a global language but still not spoken by each and every people. Here are the estimated language stats shown below.
So make your website available in different languages and make it understandable in front of multiple foreign audience. You can use Google Language Translator plugin for the purpose. It is free of cost available on WordPress.
Google language Translator (GTL) plugin provides addon functionality that allows your user itself, to change the website text by choosing a particular language on the website. All you need is to integrate the plugin on your website.
Importance Of Multi – Language Sites
Here, I give my best inputs to envision you all, the basic importance of multi – language websites.
Link To Different Language Speaker Readers
If you want to give a superior customer experience on your website, then try meet their intelligence factor. Allow your content to be read by different target audience without any language constraint.
Make Your’s Business Online Global Presence
Let they accept your products and brand promotion friendly and without any language barrier. It simply means if they understand your business goal in their language, they will accept it well. Built a professionalism and long term presence in front of different communities of people.
Expand And Grow
Currently, you have a target audience, who is serving you well. It’s good. But what if you put a little efforts to link to the missing audience due to some language barrier, you will able to enlarge your business more.
Steps To Implement The GLT plugin On Website.
- Firstly download the zip file of the Google Language Translator plugin from the WordPress.org.
- Now login to your WordPress dashboard and install the theme of your choice.
Go to Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes -> Install Themes.
- In the next step, install the Google Translator plugin. Follow the steps give below.
Go to Dashboard -> Plugin -> Add New.
- Install plugins page will appear, go to upload option above and upload the zip file of google translator plugin. See the screenshot below.
- Install the plugin and activate it as show in the screenshot below.
- As the plugin gets activated, you can see a Google Language option in the Settings option under the dashboard. See the screenshot below.
- Click on the Google language Translator option, You will redirect to the page to the Google language Translator page.
- Check off the option Click Here To Activate Google Language Translator field.
- See the screenshot below for complete settings.
- Save the changes by clicking on the Update option.
- [google-translator], you will see this shortcode displayed in the bottom section of the page. Copy the code.
This is a very important code, nothing will work without this shortcode.
- Once you have copied the code, place on the page editor, according to the location where you want to display language selector drop down on your site.
- Besides, you can display it on the sidebar too. You can do this in simple steps.
Go to the Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets.
- Drag and drop the Text widget to the sidebar widget area. Paste the [google-translator] shortcode there. See the screenshot for the reference below.
- Save the changes.
- Visit your site, you have two options, either language selector will be visible on the page wherever you have pasted the shortcode into the page editor or on the sidebar. See the screenshot below that displays language selector on sidebar.
- Click on the arrow icon, you can see multiple language will appear. So users can translate the text on website by clicking on the particular language.
- When user will click on the language of their chioce, the text will translate to that particular language. For instance, I have chosen to convert the web page text in french language, so i have select the French language and click on it.
- See the screenshot below, you can see the text is converted to French language.
- Like that, you can change the text into any of the given language option.
Other Options Of Language Translation On Website
Here are some other options that allows you to make your website as a multi – language website.
# Language Translation Plugins: There are other plugins which does the similar work of website translation management in multiple language. Some are listed below
- GTS Translation Plugin
- TransPosh WordPress Translation
- WP Translate
- Translate This Blog Translator
# g-Translate add on for Mozilla Firefox Browser: This is one of the language translation tool compatible on the mozila firefox browser. So, you can translate any text in a webpage just by selecting and right-clicking over it. See the link below to use the tool.
It is very certain, when you make ways to unleash your business potential, opportunities are there for its amplification and sustenance. Multi – language content reduces the cost of engaging with your target audience of different countries. So you can convey your resourceful content to them in there language.