How To Insert Slider Into Any WordPress Page Or Post- Promotion Slider
Promotion slider is a famous jquery image slider which offers high level of customization and slider is search engine friendly. As a wordpress plugin it, enables WordPress website owner to integrate promotion slider in their website.
Let’s see how you can integrate this slider and use it anywhere in your WordPress site. First of all you need to download this plugin then install and activate it in your WordPress website.
Click Here to get this plugin.
Insert Slider With ShortCode Sumo:
Before going through this tutorial I would love to tell you about another plugin named ShortcodeSumo which also allows you to add slider in your WordPress website easily. This plugin offers you much more, it helps you create buttons, slider, notification boxes, toggle box, tool tip etc. The interesting thing about this plugin is that it lets you integrate these things with a single click
To get this plugin Click Here.
Lets come back to our main topic, we will go step by step to create a slider using this plugin, we are implementing this slider on our ColorWay Theme:
- After successful activation of plugin you will see an option of “promotion” in your right sidebar in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to categories under “promotion ” tab and create a new category with any name of your choice. As I created a category named “test slider”.
- Now you need to create promotions by clicking on “add new promotions”. You can give any title to your promotion.
- You have to add an image with your promotions and set that image as featured image. “Remember promotion slider only puts featured images in the slider”. Remember to choose suitable category for your promotions.
- Similarly you can create any number of promotions and insert separate images in each promotion that you want to be displayed in your slider.
Now you have done enough. You can use [promoslider] shortcode to insert slider in any of your wordpress page or post.
So let’s create a simple WordPress page. While putting shortcode [promoslider] in your post, make sure you have switched to “html editor”. Now to place all your images that you have uploaded under any category you can insert the shortcode :
As I had made the category “test slider” so I will write [promoslider category=”category name”]
So if you want to use more sliders in your pages/ posts or anywhere in your site. You should create separate categories and put images under separate categories.
You will get a slider in your post or page. I am showing you a snap of slider that i got after implementing thses steps:
Further you can check plugin’s setting page and change settings according to your need. You can also set what action should be taken when a user clicks on image of your slider.
You can also change display setting of your slider from the same panel.
If you want to use this slider via your theme file then you can use the shortcode via a php function named “do_shortcode”. Use the following code to insert a slider.
<?php echo do_shortcode('[promoslider category=”test category”]') ?>.
With this free plugin its time taking to put a working slider on your pages and posts of website. But you can easily configure this plugin by following above tutorial and get yourself an attractive slider for free.