How to create slideshow and thumbnail gallery with Wp-Plugin (NextGEN Gallery)
If you are looking for WordPress’s eye-catching and easily configurable slideshow and light-box thumbnail gallery plugin in one-box and which gives your website’s images an organized, elegant and attractive look to amaze your visitors and make them feel to spend some more time on your site and visit back, then you should think about NextGEN Gallery WP Plugin to get all these things done.
It gives you an easily manageable & customizable options, quickly import meta data, add images, delete, rearrange, sort images, rapidly edit thumbnails, group galleries, albums,. slideshows and thumbnail galleries all of them give you easily controlling options to reset size, style, timing, transitions, lightbox effects
- NextGEN Gallery Overview is the interface where you can control your images, galleries and albums, this is the first option inside NextGEN menu.
- You can easily drag and drop the images into the window or browse them individually or in zip, and also scale images to max width 800px or max height 600px by just clicking check-box.
- Creat a new gallery and give your images titles and descriptions and you can link them to any of your pages easily and also can create new pages, set the watermark easily.
- In thumbnail setting you can rotate and crop and also exclude images and give them titles & descriptions and tags.
- In Options Panel you can customize images, gallery and give them effects, and set watermark and slideshow etc.
Instructions to download and configure:
- Click here to download NextGEN Gallery Plugin
- Now open your WordPress admin and click on the Plugin menu and hit the Add New option, now upload the file and install it.
3.Click on the Activate Plugin.
4. Now click on the Gallery menu at your left-hand side, and you can see a list of options as shown below.
5. Now click on the second option Add Gallery / Images, then hit Add New Gallery tab and name your gallery & save it, see the screenshot below.
6. And now upload images for your gallery by clicking Upload Images tab or you can also drag and drop images,you can also click check-box to scale the images to specified width & height, now scroll and select your gallery as i selected “My Gallery” in my case & hit Upload Images button.
7.Now click at Manage Gallery at you left-hand side and you will see “My Gallery” here now click it, and you will get Gallery setting options, now give the title & description to your recently created My Gallery, you can also link it to any of your pages as you can see the screenshot below.
8. Now scroll down and edit your thumbnail settings, where you can crop the images & rotate them & also you can give alt text, title text, description & tags and you can set watermark to the images, & you can also exclude any image by clicking check-box & click the Save Changes button, see the snip-shot below.
9. Now click the Pages menu at your left-hand side, and click at edit Home & select NextGen Gallery tab in menu bar as shown below in the red rectangle outline.
10. As you click NextGen Gallery tab you will get a pop-up window as shown below, where you need to scroll down & select “My Gallery” which we created & select Slideshow radio button in Show as:, & hit insert button.
11. you will see a slideshow code as shown below, if you want you can click update to see slideshow or can also add Imagebrowser by repeating the same process but in this case you have to select Imagebrowser radio-button, you can see the process in the following screenshots.
Select Imagebrowser & hit Insert button.
Now select the first option also that is Image list in the pop-up box & click update button and now view the page.
you can also use the widgets which are inside Appearance menu at your left-hand side, you need to just drag and drop them from left to right section.
If you want to show Gallery & Slideshow into sidebar as i did here, then click on Appearance menu at your left-hand side then click Widgets inside it, and drag the NextGen widgets from left to right bar.
NextGEN Gallery 1.9.6 WP Plugin is really easy to configure, here you can create three types of image gallery i.e. Slideshow Gallery, Thumbnail Gallery or Light-box Gallery, Image-browser Gallery, NextGEN Gallery WP Plugin provides you three types of Galleries with fully editable & customizable options like width, height, effects, transitions effects, linking images to pages, and creating & deleting Albums, you can also use widgets here, if you want advance setting then click at Options section at your left-hand side inside Gallery menu.
Thanks for reading this tutorial, i hope this tutorial helped you configure NextGEN Gallery WP Plugin.