Get Social – Power Your Website With Facebook Official Plugin For WordPress
It’s good news for bloggers and website owners that Facebook has launched their official plugin for WordPress. Those who browse WordPress plugin repository to get a plugin which helps them go social with the largest social networking site of the world. The one line description of plugin says “Make your WordPress site social in a couple of clicks, powered by Facebook.”
Let’s have a look at exciting features of this Facebook plugin:
- When you publish any Post or Page in your WordPress site, it will be automatically posted to Author’s Facebook Timeline.
- You can mention friends and Facebook pages, this will post to their respective Timelines and list them on the WordPress Post or page as well.
- You can post all new WordPress Post or Pages to a specified Facebook page.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons can be enabled in a click and are fully customizable.
- Facebook Comments, including full SEO support.
- Open Graph Protocol integration.
- Recommendations bar, which allows users to click to start getting recommendations, Like content, and add what they’re reading to Timeline as they go.
First of all you need to create an app for your website. To create app for your website Click Here. Then click on “create new app”. You will find a screen similar to this:
Enter your “App name” then click ‘next’. You will be redirected to App configuration page and Facebook will give you “App id” and “App Secret”.
You need to enter these in your plugin’s configurations page. After successful verification of plugin by entering “App id” and “App secret”, you will be able to see the setting panel of this Facebook plugin. From here you can get the plugin work for you the way you want it.
If you are a developer then you can refer the developer documentation here.
If you were looking for such a wonderful social plugin, then I guess you have found your solution to go viral in Facebook. If you have used this killer plugin then comment and share how you liked this plugin.