Questions About Content Protection Using Short Codes

Discussion in 'Subscribely v2 WordPress Theme' started by abcospecs, Jul 10, 2014.

1. abcospecs

abcospecs New Member

1. [login_reg] - This shortcode is used for creating login register page.
    1a. Since you have no explanation, I believe the above means to place the above code within HTML to create a Login page? If not, please explain.

2. [im_pricing] - This shortcode is used for creating pricing page. Please provide more step by step process about where to put code in HTML to make a pricing page.

3. How and where do I place the membership level id.
    Use method is: [im_pricing id= membership level id] e.g. [im_pricing id=1]. By default it takes first membership level. (Please explain in a little more detail.)

4. The following codes were used as follows to protect content with no success:

[private_content] Beginning of content to be protected and the following "shortcode" was placed at the end of content to be protected "[/private_content]" .

4a. What did I do wrong with above content protection that did not work?
    4b. Where should the level id1 go in the above example?

Thanks
    Will Vz

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Go to Pages > All Pages and click the edit option of desired page and add your shortcode for a particular page in a Text Editor.

For id 1: It is the id of membership that we create from Dashboard > Inkmember > Add Product
    You can pick membership id from page editor.

Check image for reference
    2014-07-10_1637.png

Thanks & Regards
    Gourav Shrivastava

3. abcospecs

abcospecs New Member

I have entered codes exactly like shown in your example. I have placed codes in middle of page content and bottom of page content for protection.

The result in both instances, the whole page is protected and not just the portion of page in need of protection. I have not been able to protect just area or section of page I want to protect.

Thanks
    Will Vz

4. abcospecs

abcospecs New Member

[login_reg] - This shortcode is used for creating login register page.

I attempted to create a "Login Register Page" on brand new page within FreeAdvertisingDemo.com. Copied and pasted the code in upper left hand cornter of new page and published it.
    Result:
    The code showed up where it was pasted in upper left corner; no register form was displayed. Deleted page and decided to contact you about what I did wrong. Oh yeah, is a tutorial available about "How To Create A Register Page" within the Subscribly Theme?

5. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

6. abcospecs

abcospecs New Member

I am now having trouble getting content protection to work correctly with multiple product Id's. Protection keeps defaulting to product Id 1 when I want to protect product Id2, 3, or4. I have watched videos and this problem is not covered. Please advise with indication as to how to write "id?" (with or without : or with a space between id and #.

Example 1:
    [private_content id=2] Beginning of content to be protected and the end of content to be protected "[/private_content]" . (Does Not Work)

Example 2:
    [private_content id:2] Beginning of content to be protected and the end of content to be protected "[/private_content]" . (Does not Work)

Example 3:
    [private_content id 2] Beginning of content to be protected and the end of content to be protected "[/private_content]" (Correct or incorrect)

7. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Support mail sent.

For other users:
    This problem is resolved in the latest version of theme 1.0.5. We will update it tomorrow in your members area account.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

8. abcospecs

abcospecs New Member

Please just tell us what is the proper way to write id # in example so I can resolve this problem now; please. It is taking way to long to resolve simple issues.
    thanks

9. abcospecs

abcospecs New Member

I was reading your example the wrong way and realized what needed to be included to work correctly:
    Product 2 Example
    [private_content id=membership level id2]Content To Protect[/private_content]

Product 3 Example
    [private_content id=membership level id3]Content To Protect[/private_content]

Content protection is working ok now. I can select different content to protect.

However, now, I have sandbox mode turned off but 495.00 price does not appear on purchase button. Click purchase button and PayPal shows price as "0". It seems as if membership is stuck in sandbox mode.

Will