Disable First Slider Heading or reduce the padding?

Discussion in 'Elite Pro WordPress Theme' started by elibrarian, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elibrarian

elibrarian New Member

Greetings,

I'd either like to be able to remove the first slider heading altogether (when I do this through Theme Options it defaults to saying "Responsive Layout" on the site) or else reduce the slider heading padding to something smaller than what it is. I'm trying to fit more text into the box, basically.

Can you please tell me how to do either or both of these things? Thank you.

Emily

Attached Files:

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Do let us know your website link.

Thanks & Regards
    Gourav Shrivastava

3. elibrarian

elibrarian New Member

The site is under construction--so not published yet. I recently sent someone at InkThemes my login creds, but don't want everyone to have them!

But I attached a screen shot of the slider. I just want to know how to eliminate the slider heading for the first slide OR reduce the padding. If you can send me instructions for how to edit the CSS I can manage it. . . . I've already attempted it myself but not been successful.

You see if I go into Appearance > Theme Options > Slider Setting > First Slider Heading and do not put any content into the box, theme automatically defaults to the InkThemes' marketing words for Elite Pro, "Responsive Layout." That's the default header for the first slide.

When I add a heading, the default padding for the slider plus the line spacing for the header font combines to create too much of a top margin; should be the same as the margin on the sides. Anyway I want to fit more content into the description for the first slide. Every px counts!

Thank you.

Emily

4. elibrarian

elibrarian New Member

In the frontPage.php there is an if statement which basically puts the header Responsive Layout in if nothing is input for a header--

<div class="flex-caption">
    <?php if (elite_get_option('elite_sliderhead1') != '') { ?>
    <h1><?php echo stripslashes(elite_get_option('elite_sliderhead1')); ?></h1>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <h1>Responsive Layout</h1>
    <?php } ?>
    If I don't want anything at all, not even a paragraph or nonbreaking space, what do I do? I'm sorry I don't know the rules for if statements in PHP -- don't want to break this. Should I delete the line in red or does it need something there to function?

5. elibrarian

elibrarian New Member

Never mind, I just deleted the line and it worked fine. . . . Actually I went it and put in a <br /> just to give it some margin. Case closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.