Embedding a Video into an ad?

Discussion in 'ClassiCraft WordPress Theme' started by parksarezoosfortrees, Apr 22, 2014.

1. parksarezoosfortrees

parksarezoosfortrees Member

Can the end user add a video to their descriptions? If yes, how is this accomplished? In not, is there a plugin or a way to allow this?

I created a test ad and I see where it allows the user to upload an image. Will it allow you to upload a video?

Thank you

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Create a custom field and select textarea as a field type. In which end user can add embed code of youtube video after selecting html mode.
    Please check image for reference.

html.png

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

parksarezoosfortrees likes this.
  3. parksarezoosfortrees

Thank you. Great! My only confusion is what is an HTML Variable Name? What am I supposed to write in that box? It says HTML and I do not write code.

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

HTML variable name should be unique. You can write any random unique name(for eg. For video custom field you can use "classi_video" or anything you want).

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

parksarezoosfortrees likes this.
  5. parksarezoosfortrees

Ok. Thank you. Final question……. Can they only post YouTube or can it also be daily motion, Vevo etc…. which sites will work?

Also, do they paste the YouTube URL or the Embed Code? On some sites, you can paste both so I am not sure.