Newly installed VideoCraft theme, requires some help

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by arunkumarmg, Feb 17, 2014.

1. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi,
    I have purchased and installed the videoCraft theme last week into my video site. Had a few questions and needed help, please post the answers soon as possible:

1. I have got a lot of categories and sub-categories in my site. Around 10 categories, and on average some 8 sub categories under each main category. Right now, the "Categories" section in the home page is showing all categories and sub categories (if I have added a video to it). I wanted to display only the main categories when the user logs in (collapsed form), and only if user clicks on one category, only that category should expand and show the sub categories under it. How can this be achieved ? I hope this will be very genuine issue everybody using this theme would be facing.

2. In the Categories section, is there a way to reduce the font size ? Because many of my categories are falling into multiple lines, making the Home page look awkward.

3. As mentioned, I have in total some 10 main categories and 80 sub categories. In the Home page, I can see like 3 videos from each sub category is getting displayed. Will it display all my 80 sub categories in this case ? How to restrict it to say 10 sub categories only at a time?

4. I want to add one "News" page also into the site. How can I do it ? When I create a new page, I can see only Blog, contact us, video etc templates only. Is there a way to show the "News" page?

5. Do I need to set up the mysql database or something? Or will the user registration etc will happen automatically when I install the VideoCraft theme ?

6. Wanted to display Ads in my site, but not able to find out how to display. Please help.

7. While linking to Youtube videos, the "Number of Views" is coming as 0... How to make this same as the value of Youtube number of views ?

Thanks a lot,
    Arun

2. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

3. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

1) Currently this feature is possible.

2) Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    .content h1 span a {
    font-size: 13px;
    }
    3) We will add an option in the theme option penal in next theme update to select categories to display at the front page.

4) While creating page select "default page" as a page attribute. For news page.

5) There is no need to create any mysql database for registration. Theme will automatically make it working.

6) There is an option in the
    Appearance > Theme option > Advertisement Banner Settings . Where you can place banner for ad.
    And you can also set ads in the home page sidebar area with the help of text widget.

7) Number views depends on the video viewed at your site domain. It is not related to the YouTube site.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

4. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply... Had few questions on top of your reply.. My site is www.oracleappsvideos.com, please visit it and you can see it for yourself.. Am attaching a screenshot of the site too and have the questions as below:

1. You said that in the "Video Categories" section in the Home page, we can display only the main categories, and clicking on one main category, the sub categories under it should get opened up. How to do this ? Screenshot attached has more details.

2. I have added videos to 5 - 6 of my categories, but only one of them is appearing in home page. Why is it so ? Screenshot attached has more details of what I am talking about.

3. You said "We will add an option in the theme option penal in next theme update to select categories to display at the front page". When is the next update targetted ? When I update the theme with next update, do I need to create all my categories and videos again, or will it be just like changing the theme ?

Appreciate the reply soon, the development is waiting because of all these issues encountered in the middle !
    Regards,
    Arun

5. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Screenshot attached...

Attached Files:

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

7. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks a lot for fixing the image issue. Had some more questions which are stopping me from submitting the site. I am numbering each one of them below:

1. I have got a lot of categories and sub-categories in my site. On the Home page "Categories" widget on the right side (screenshot has details, or you can go to www.oracleappsvideos.com and see it yourself), it is displayed as below:
    Oracle Apps Functional - R12
    - E-Business Tax
    Oracle Apps Functional
    - Accounts Receivable
    - Order Management
    Oracle DBMS Concepts
    - RAC
    - Oracle Installation

I don't want to display in this "expanded" form initially. Want to display in "Collapsed" form as below, and when user clicks on '+', it should get expanded:
    + Oracle Apps Functional - R12
    + Oracle Apps Functional
    + Oracle DBMS Concepts

You had answered like this is possible. Just wanted to know what changes need to be done to achieve this.
    2. In the Home page, the videos coming under each category is appearing big for me. Please let me know how to reduce the size of the videos (length and height of the 3 videos appearing for each category). It makes the site to scroll down a lot because there are many videos in different categories.

3. In the Home page, I can see like 3 videos from each sub category is getting displayed. How to restrict it to say 10 sub categories only at a time?
    You had mentioned like "We will add an option in the theme option penal in next theme update to select categories to display at the front page". When is the next theme update targetted? Is there any alternative that I can do till that time (changing the code from my side)? If a theme update is installed, will I need to recreate all my cateogires and load videos again?

4. Not related to InkThemes, but a general question - Are you aware of any tool by which I can query for a keyword like "Oracle Apps" and it will return all the videos from Youtube. With details like title, description, URL, keywords etc?

I think once you have answered these questions, I will be kind of set to start uploading videos, and can target the marketing of the site. Appreciate your help as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Arun

8. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Arun,

I personally suggest you to wait for next update. We are changing maximum functions that you are asking.
    Please wait for few more days.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

9. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for the suggestion. But, I want to know how long I need to wait for getting the next update theme. Please give me a tentative date by which you are planning to release the update. Need to see if I can wait till that long.

Also, one other important question - Can I start uploading some data to my site at least ? That way I can progress in some area. Will the update on the theme need me to update all data also again ?

Also, one other important question - is it possible to add two pages with the 'Blog template' ? I tried to add two pages (and two menus) with blog template. Whatever post i am adding is appearing in both pages now ! How to restrict this ? I wanted the same blog template to create multiple pages like 'News', 'Blog', 'Puzzle' etc. Want the same functionality of a blog page in all these 3 pages, is that possible?

I think these questions are straight forward, and you must be able to tell from your experience. So, please let me know at the earliest. Have purchased the theme almost a month back, but nothing effectively has started yet ! Really getting me off-track on the project.

Regards,
    Arun
    www.oracleappsvideos.com

10. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Currently it is not possible for us to provide you exact date but we will inform you after such update.

Yes you can start your work, at the time of theme version update your theme option content and custom css will remain intact.
    To achieve this, firstly go to Posts > Categories and create multiple categories like 'News', 'Blog', 'Puzzle' etc.
    then add new posts and assign category for them.
    After that go to Appearance > Menus and and add these categories in your navigation menu.
    check image for reference
    2014-03-07_1251.png
    Thanks & Regards
    Gourav Shrivastava

11. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi,

I wanted to quickly check on some issues I am facing while setting up my website using Video Craft theme:

1. Is there any way to change the Font size in my video category section on the Home page (right side of screen) ?

2. Is there a way to decrease the spacing between each sub category in this Video category section ?

3. I am able to define a text widget and add advertisements in teh Home page and the "All Videos" page. But I am not able to add the advertisements (require text widget, not banner ad) on my Blog, News pages. How to do this ?

4. Is there a way to add more social icons like Google Plus, pinterest etc ? While registering in Google plus, got a code snippet which needs to ne added in our site so that it will get linked. How to do this ?

5. I added the SEO options in the Home page. Can I add meta keywords and SEO options in the other pages also? How to do this ?

6. Is there a way to import all videos belonging to one Youtube channel / from one Youtube user ?

7. You had mentioned like a new version of VideoCraft is going to come soon. One month before when I checked, there was no clear clarity on the release of this version. Anything is materialized now? Any idea when that version will be released?

8. Will the theme allow same URL to be uploaded multiple times? Or will it give an error ?

Regards,
    Arun
    www.OracleAppsVideos.com

12. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

1) Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    .sidebar ul li {
    font-size: 18px;
    }

2)
    Code:
    .sidebar ul li a {
    line-height: 20px;
    }
    .sidebar ul li {
    padding: 0px 0;
    }
    3) You can add text widget in the "primary widget area" for post category page.
    4) I have added 4 extra social icons. Please check site footer.
    5) For this you can add "All in one SEO plugin"
    6) You can import multiple videos with the help of "wp-csv" plugin.
    7) We have released new version of videocraft theme in which admin can feature main video at the front page. You can download it from members area.
    8) There is no such filter available in the theme.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

13. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Thanks a lot Nitesh ! That really helps a lot !

I adjusted the Category spacing and fonts in the Home page (right side). But, now the number of videos against each sub category alone is displayed in a bigger font. Why is that? Is there any way to reduce that too ? Site : http://www.oracleappsvideos.com/
    Checked the "All in one SEO plugin" in wordpress, but it seems to be bit costlier. Would you know about any free plugins for SEO ?

Also, I am not able to find the place from where i can download the latest videocraft theme version ? I had purchased this single theme for $97, but didn't opt for the 147$ membership. Is that required for downloading the updated version? I believe I should be eligible to download the updated version, please let me know the link.

Thanks,
    Arun

14. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

15. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks a lot again ! The font suggestions you gave worked, and my site category listing appears quite better now than what was it before. And the All in one SEO plugin suggested is also quite useful. Thanks for that !
    The main other area I have concern is on the fonts.. Is there a way that I can change the fonts and appearance ? Home page is fine, but when I click on one video and go that specific video, the page is not that interesting. The video title, description etc are not that appealing... More of this on the News/Blog page. The titles and the font of the page are not that impressive... Is there any plugin available to better the appearance of this too ? I have searched a lot, but not quite getting the plugin I want. Or is there a way to control it through custom css ? Please let me know..

Thanks a lot,
    Arun
    www.OracleAppsVideos.com

16. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

You can use code given below.

For main video title:
    .video_post h1.post_title {
    font-size: 16px;
    font-weight: bold;
    line-height: 28px;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 1px #fff;
    color: #4F4D4D;
    }

For right video title:
    .featured-post-desc h6.title a {
    color: #4289b6;
    line-height: 16px;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: normal;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #fff;
    }

For description:
    .content-bar .post .post_content p {
    color: #AC3737;
    text-align: justify;
    }

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

17. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi,

I have few more questions recently... Could you please help with the answers ?

1. User Registration form is not giving a proper message after registration. Even when a new user is entering the details, and clicking on Register, the user is getting registered, but no message is getting shown, hence user gets a feeling like the registration was not a success, and keep on entering Captch code again and again! Any solution for this to show a message whether user registration is success or failure ?

2. Non admin users are able to upload videos only. I wanted to give them ability to write Blogs too, but this seems to be not possible for normal users; only the Admin user can post blogs (I have created 3 categories in my site www.OracleAppsVideos.com as News/Blogs/Puzzles). Is there a way to give blog posting privilege to normal users OR can I give any other privilege (except Admin) to normal users that will make them write blogs here?

3. I have added Google Analytics to my site. The reports show that my site is getting around 20 visitors only per day average. BUT, when I look at the "View Count" of the videos uploaded in my site, can see that it has got a lot of views (above 100, 200 etc for many of the videos !). Point is - the view count here is much more than the number of users visitng my site as per Google Analytics. The average time each user spends on the site is also not that big, so it is very less chance that one user is viewing multiple videos and count goes up! Just wanted to know, when I link a video from Youtube, the view count is shown from the Youtube view count ? If not, why there is a mismatch?

Regards,
    Arun
    www.OracleAppsVideos.com

18. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Arun,

1. When user get successfully registered, he redirect to the home page of website and his dashboard shows on top, so user can understand that he is successfully registered.

2. You can set New User Default Role(i.e. Author, Editor etc.) from general setting so that he can write blogs.
    See screenshot where you find this option in dashboard.

3. Google Analytic shows no. of visitors those visited your website, but the "View Count" counts all the visitors that visit this videos, it also count those visitors who visited this video on youtube.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

Attached Files:

19. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi Yogesh,

1. When user get successfully registered, he redirect to the home page of website and his dashboard shows on top, so user can understand that he is successfully registered.

Ok. Thanks. The error message if hte registration was a failure is coming as "ERROR: The captcha is invalid. Please enter a valid captcha.". I didn't realize that this error was getting displayed because it is same as the background color ! Is there a way to change the color of this ? Saw some threads about downloading a new version etc. But, I have a lot of content in my site, don't want the content to get deleted by installing a new version of theme.

2. You can set New User Default Role(i.e. Author, Editor etc.) from general setting so that he can write blogs.
    See screenshot where you find this option in dashboard.

I can see roles like Subscriber/Contributor/Editor/Administrator. I changed the privilege of a user to each of "Subscriber/Contributor/Editor". But, if I set to any role other than "Administartor", there is no difference. User can post only videos, there is no way to write a blog. If none of the privileges Subscriber/Contributor/Editor allows to write a blog, what is the difference between these roles? And the original question remains - how can I allow a user to write a blog ?

3. Google Analytic shows no. of visitors those visited your website, but the "View Count" counts all the visitors that visit this videos, it also count those visitors who visited this video on youtube.

Hmm.. Ok... Little bit confusing... But it is fine...

Thanks,
    Arun
    www.OracleAppsVideos.com

20. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Arun,

Just paste following code for displaying error in Custom CSS and save all changes.
    Code:
    ul.errors {
    color: red;
    }
    Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade